Matters regarding Limerick, Limerick Pubs, No Culture allowed

He might do so yet

Which of the two will get in this time around?

Cregan

Who designed the top floor? It looks like a Dermot Bannon glass box?

A fukin rugby museum . The top floor must be the concussion section. Lights on but nobody home.

6 Likes

Happy to give that the prestigious 10

:ronnyroar:

Ye should’ve let him build the footbridge :joy::joy:

The entrance could be a small window like the one PJ supposedly climbed through when invading the dressing room of the '73 heroes.

1 Like

Indeed it does. Far too many lickspittles in Limerick for there to be an objection to this abomination.

1 Like

Elderly woman found dead in Thomondgate in her house, if it’s a burglary as is rumoured, that’s appalling.

If it was a burglary, they should get life.

Casey, Casey, you’re the divil…

1 Like

Went into the new Bentleys last night. Fairly swish, smoking area is very nice astro grass and heated with a bar. Bit fancy for me, table service, expensive cocktails that kind of vibe. All the barman were dressed like peaky blinders for no apparent reason.
It’s the kind of place you’d bring the missus really.
Competition for the types that are going to house.
Be interesting when they open the rest of it.
I also went to the commercial last night to give that a look. Nice bar without being amazing, an addtion to the Catherine Street strip

1 Like

Great report Julio. Will do my best to get a review on the other newly opened venues tonight.

2 Likes

Excellent update. I have a few nights in town coming up and I’ll take your observations on board.

At the risk of sounding even more removed and uncultured than I am, what is/are “peaky blinders”?

It’s a peaky blinders themed bar

A BBC TV show based in post the great War times.

1 Like

point 3 might be right
other 2 are nonsense

3 Likes

Seriously? :sweat_smile: Some things making a lot more sense now.

This is from the link YOU posted

Inside, the overall theme takes its trendy inspiration from the Prohibition era and the TV show Peaky Blinders.

Never knew there was a Super Dry store in the Crescent. A welcome addition. Will make use of a few vouchers in there.

Place generally was busy this morning as you’d expect but not suffocating. Probably be mobbed all afternoon though.

1 Like