Matters Regarding Limerick 🏙️

That’s putting it eloquently

1 Like

Subtle/poorly delivered clit gag in my post missed. Apologies. I’ll up my game

The ITs in Tallaght, Tralee and Galway carefully avoided unsuitable acronyms

Simpsons Thats The Joke GIF

I fully stand over both my comment and lack of awareness.

1 Like

Cork has the same now CIT is the Munster Tech University or something

DIT now TUD with Blanch and Tallaght

Cit and tralee have joined up to be MTU.

Are we now saturated with university’s? You can get a university degree with 200 points now

The IoTs/ RTCs are going to be gone in a few years.
All of the IoTs (with the exception of Dundalk and IADT) in the country are signed up to what are now called Technological Universities. The first one was TUD (DIT, Tallaght, Blanchardstown); the second was MTU (Tralee and Cork) and now the LIT and Athlone one. Carlow and Waterford are together and there is what is currently called the Connacht Ulster Alliance (GMIT, Sligo, Letterkenny). Dundalk will end up in the latter one (which geographically makes little sense) in a few years.

I’d imagine the ‘University’ term is part of trying to attract students from abroad more, because that’s a fucking money spinner.

Which one of you sent the pic?

‘I got an Instagram message saying ‘your days are numbered’ - but the thing is, this person was easily traceable’ (thejournal.ie)

1 Like

https://www.limerick.ie/council/newsroom/road-notices/temporary-closure-roads-facilitate-licenced-street-trading-outdoor

Some of the closures are basically pub specific. A few people with some sway in operation obviously.

Upper Denmark Street is Icon, Flannerys, Nancy’s and Mother Macs a good mix there.
Glenworth Mews is basically only the Commercial, unless the White House want to use the far end of it as well, a few buildings between them and the lane but not undoable
Theatre lane is Glen only. Freddy will throw out a few chairs as well I suppose.
Augustine Lane is the lane Mickey Martins is on. It’s basically closed anyway. Presume Ma Hogan’s will get use of the other end of it.
Thomas street. This stretch is literally closed already so no idea what the point of including it is. Maybe they going to allow more seating so they need to put notice of it or something
House will have the run of Howleys Quay. They’ll make a fortune.
I’ve no idea where back lane is. At a guess it must be the lane at the back of Mother Mac’s but even after a google I’m none the wiser. It’s between Pike Lane (which also doesn’t exist) and Lower Gerald Griffin Street so it must be around there somewhere.

Overall I must say it’s a fairly low effort attempt from the council. Most of those roads are lanes that are basically closed anyway.
I get they aren’t helped by the fact that in Limerick the pubs are spread out, but at a minimum I would think pubs and restaurants should be able to apply to take any parking spaces in front of their premises and use them for seating. Would have been a great opportunity to close O’Connell street and see what happens as well.

I remember a few years back Wolfe tone street was closed for a street party. Charlie mslones dwyers and Bobby’s made a killing. Had a massive bbq. It was passing rain but packed

Must have been the chips with gravy

1 Like

Is that young lad smoking?

Yup, madness if you think about it

There’s nothing young about him.

Is he a dwarf?

He’s about 42. Height curtailed as started smoking in the womb

1 Like

What’s the story in Limk? Footpaths turned into outdoor pubs? What is the novelty with takeaway pints? Just get some booze and have it at home?