Matters Regarding Limerick 🏙️

Curragower great seafood and wings

1 Like

Had a few pints outside of my usual haunts tonight.

There was a fella in Squire McGuire’s that had the purest most beautiful Limerick city accent I’ve ever heard apart from old video. He was getting ready to leave before he realised there was an issue. He sent the barman upstairs to get a bit of tinfoil or cling film to wrap up his broken package of weed that he intended taking home to smoke with his mother.

I then had a quick pint in Hunter’s to see a bit of the rugby. The fella at the door said they were offering a choice of ‘the rugby’ or ‘the match’, turned out the match was Chelsea v Luton.

I called into Centra then. There were two pyjamas/tracksuit type wans behind me in the queue who I was alerted to by one of them saying she would snort coke off some fella’s arse. Next thing a one legged man stormed in on his wheelchair with a paper cup demanding the ladies give him back his money. They gave a bit back before eventually offering the remainder under duress.

A lovely evening.

Limerick, it’s not a bad aul’ city.

18 Likes

Maybe it was you? You were standing in front of them.

1 Like

Now that you mention it I am wearing a snug enough pair of shorts.

1 Like

Hopefully heading to Aura for dinner tonight but need to find a lunchtime recommendation to sort out the little wan, preferably a carvery. Anywhere around city centre doing carvery? Could only remember Smyths, and not sure if that’s still open.

Bobby Byrnes do one. Not sure about the weekend. Russell’s definitely do one and it’s nice as carverys go but outside the city obviously.

1 Like

I tried the new Indian Swaad recently for lunch. Probably on the expensive side for lunch, but quality was very good.

Cool. Thanks. Want to keep it in walking distance (especially if Papa is going to sneak in a little beverage).

Carvery is for speed I assume?

And roaster-ness

3 Likes

The most roaster dinner available in Limerick is probably the Jasmine all you can ate

My other half grew up believing DeJasmine was pure posh

1 Like

He’s from Newport FFS

It was the height of sophistication at one stage

Has to be Finnegan’s in that case

1 Like

She married down the misfortune

1 Like

She’s like yourself - another refugee that got out

Twas like a wedding back in the day. A right sign of fanciness back when I was a child

That and the texas steakout. Every birthday