Matters Regarding Limerick 🏙️

I’d nearly give the benefit of the doubt and say it was a stray missile.

He wouldn’t see over the parapet of athlunkard bridge.

2 Likes

Is Aroi gone?

It’s gone ages, it had gone to shit anyway

1 Like

One of the family behind aroi runs/owns the Creamary in Bunratty and it’s average for food with very poor service.

The original Aroi was outstanding, then the owner and his lovely front of house wife packed up and sold it name and all I think,
It’s been a very long time since it was good, but it was amazing

That is true. I think they went to cork with it and had a bad kitchen fire there perhaps 3 or 4 years back.

I think there was a €10/12 lunchtime meal with free gelato back then. I ate there plenty around that time

They did a lovely yellow fish curry, also a great pineapple fried rice

Would you believe I went into an Asian street food place in Killarney during the summer and Jenny was there going table to table. Menu was very similar to the original Aroi too.

They went to Mallow after Limerick.

1 Like

Any recommendations for an underrated midweek lunch spot in Limerick?

Potentially looking to change it up a bit, tend to go to the same type of places regularly.

Mejana
Turkmen Grill (Parnell street)
Sambros

2 Likes

Slim pickings at the moment and certainly very little value to be got. Prices for lunch have shot up.

1 Like

Flannerys beside myles breens.

2 Likes

Hunters had a great value ciabatta and chips/salad for a tenner but they’ve dropped it from their new menu.

I do really like Mejana & Turkmen but have never been into Turkmen at lunch. Would they get much of a passing lunch trade?

Was in Sambros during the week, only thought it was okay.

That’s a regular

1 Like

What are the prices in Hunter’s like generally?

Wouldn’t be a place I go very often.

Haven’t been in since they changed up the menu. I’d say most stuff in the 15/16 category now. Food has always been decent anytime I’ve been.

I passed the old ZeweTon place Friday and saw their preciously €10 lunch menu is now €11.50

You’ll have no interest in working for the rest of the day after it.

Melody