Matters Regarding Limerick 🏙️

Why did McDonnells close down in the city centre ?

Have you ever gone to Mr Noodle on Thomas street. Looks nothing from the outside but top class. The hot garlic beef is immense

2 Likes

Always mean to try it

It’s a very strange tale. They had no space to install those self ordering machines, which is fair enough, they are looking for a new location but weird it didn’t stay open until they had a new place. I can only assume they were rowing with the landlord and the lease was up and he wouldn’t do a short one. Place was doing good trade so definitely not a business decision.

The money the McDonalds in the crescent makes is actually insane. Drive thru is constantly rammed. I assume it’s the same fella owns both but I could be wrong. They generally let one operator have them within a certain distance

1 Like

Do it. Very good.

1 Like

Philip Danagher had them. Probably still does

1 Like

It was a woeful kip,any time I was in there it was filthy.The lad in the Cresent is printing money.

1 Like

Is he the fella your father hates @treatystones reckons he cost Limerick the Munster football final in 91 because he wouldn’t play. If I have the right fella

That unit opposite Brown Thomas has been ‘opening soon’ for a very long time. Think it is going to be a peri-peri chicken place.

Oh it was a right shit hole. But the trade was good. I can see why they wanted a better unit but not why they didn’t wait to get it before closing. Unless it was a landlord issue

@dodgy_keeper while we are talking shite.

I was driving back west via what I call the Granagh road. Don’t know what it’s actually called. But there was a load of signs up on the side of the road giving out about their treatment over ash die back. What’s the story there? I know about ash die back but what’s the complaint?

Speaking of signs on the side of the road has anyone seen the two loons outside the vet near garryowen rugby club protesting about the death of their dog or cat or something. Heartstick is barbaric is all I can make out. They must be at it a year at this stage

I don’t think I’ve ever been there.

Would there be much room to sit down inside there?

About three tables inside and two outside. You’d usually get a seat though. They do a small and a large and the small would be loads for lunch. Try it and report back. If you like spicy the hot garlic beef would be my recommendation, if not the beef black pepper is also lovely

A few signs out near the new Caherconlish roundabout as well, they are fairly eye-catching. All to do with looking for more compensation for affected plantations, and grievances over how the disease has been allowed to spread.

It’s such a shit name, it’d turn you off but I’ll check it out.

Ya it looks shit inside as well but it’s good.

Ya presume it’s fellas who had planted ash who are sour for some reason.

No, that’s Dan Larkin you’re thinking of I’d say :smiley:
Broke a finger and wouldnt play the Munster final. I remember my father stopping me getting him to sign my programme afterwards

10 Likes

The gist (I think) seems to be that the Dept did fuck all to prevent it getting into the country

Coillte brought in the disease. Bought in saplings from the contenient on the cheap that turned out to be infected.

There’s posters up at the Ferry Bridge now too about it.