Matters Regarding Limerick šŸ™ļø

Not sure. St Maryā€™s national school is just up the road from there. Google tells me St. Munchinā€™s was briefly located pretty much at that location a couple of hundred years ago, so something connected to a school at a guess.

If Iā€™m looking at the right place thereā€™s a street there, Peterā€™s cell, with a long history.

1 Like

Trying to figure that out myself. There appears to be a health centre now in the building at the corner of the ā€œice rinkā€, but houses built on the rest of the yard.

Itā€™s probably an open air prison, lads.

1 Like

The house at an angle is still there and the old wall surrounding it in the top right, Iā€™d be down around there most days, the old city walls are at the bottom and St Peterā€™s cell as was mentioned,
Nice photo though, doesnā€™t go as far as my house but lots to see, thew chimney at Cleeves is smoking away.

1 Like

A tannery, and later a playground.

https://memorylanelimerick.com/p583548665/hB55C325

2 Likes

A lovely old photo to start a debate. The tavern does fine pints

4 Likes
1 Like

Yes

Limerick neediness is peaking.

3 Likes

Greatest city in the world

Itā€™s better than that.

All we need now is someone asking for advice on a centrally located hotel with a pool within walking distance of some decent old man not too hip pubs and a few nice not too expensive restaurants to stay in over the Christmas for a family of 4 and weā€™ll be off for the day.

3 Likes

The ā€˜not too expensiveā€™ part being key there for our Galway brethren. Can be awfully tight with money

Lads coming into the Limerick thread and then losing their shit over posts about Limerick ā€¦ itā€™s all a bit forced and attention seeking.

Itā€™s all a bit much

@Ambrose_McNulty is hungover after being drinking down Pana all night

Calm down lads. I just hope the people of New York appreciate all that the great city of Limerick has done for them, thatā€™s all. Credit where credit is due.

1 Like

These crazy kids and their twitters

1 Like

Wowā€¦ could be yesterday, very little has changed.