Michael Schumacher

Eddie Irvine is a hero to all men.

Class driver and best this country has seen.

He was a good driver alright but his focus may not have been concentrated enough, what with all the yachts and women about. He always struck ma as one who was in it for the glam and not the winning, an impression that was in no way dispelled by a fly-on-the-wall documentary they did on him.

Dereck Daly wasn’t a bad driver.

I’m the greatest driver ever.

N.B. Check the Hurler of the Year thread for other things I’m the greatest at.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1xXV1R4yVY

What about Joey Dunlop?

What about Minnie Driver in Circle of Friends?

[SIZE=“3”]Schumacher’s test bid blocked
[/SIZE]

Tuesday August 04 2009

Michael Schumacher’s bid to test Ferrari’s current car has been blocked by Williams.

Ferrari last week wrote to the other nine Formula One teams and the FIA requesting Schumacher be granted a day at the wheel of the F60 ahead of his return at the European Grand Prix in Valencia on August 23 in the absence of the injured Felipe Massa.

Williams, however, see no reason why seven-time world champion Schumacher should be given special dispensation.

“While we welcome Michael Schumacher back to Formula One, the fact is any form of in-season circuit testing is strictly prohibited, a regulation clearly laid out by the FIA and adhered to by all of the teams,” said Williams in a statement.

I had initially thought this was bad form and that Schumie should be allowed to test (we don’t want any more Shumie-shunts do we :D).

But then I read another article mentioning the fact that other mid-season replacement drivers are not allowed such an exemption. 19 year old Jaime Alguersuari drove an F1 car for the first time when he took over for Sbastien Bourdais at Toro Rosso for the Hungarian GP, though curiously Toro Rosso didn’t object to the exemption for Schumacher.

This is a fair point. Schumacher has already had extensive testing using a 2007 car, why should he be given an exemption when no-one else is.

Missed this one from Runty, superb stuff from the little man, superb. :thumbsup:

Apples and oranges. Fair point though farmer in that both were not just best in Ulster but best in Ireland in their field.

No he’s not

Great to see CaptainShans lies exposed.
Who did he think he was impressing with that one?

[quote=“The Runt”]Great to see CaptainShans lies exposed.
Who did he think he was impressing with that one?[/quote]

:thumbsup:

I always susspected Schumacher was a chicken shit.

Sounds like he bitched out of it alright, but hey, he’s done it all and managed to fuck up Hill, so thats ok by me.

:thumbsup::clap::smiley:

:clap:

for all those whining about Hill nothing was ever done about it or no one really moaned only the ‘kraut hating’ British rags. If anything, his manouvere on Jaques Villeneuve should be the one to be giving Schumacher abuse over.

Out of a coma, out of hospital and presumably going on the piss for Germany’s game against Portugal today to celebrate.

:clap:Great news.