Mickey Harte's Red Hand Army - 2015 Season

That is hilarious. Thanks for posting it. Real journalism there.

Well it seems that you’re the one who is citing outlets as disreputable despite openly acknowledging you know little about them.

Continue to undress your bigoted predispositions for us though.

Oh no, those two news stories have really convinced me*

*please note the sarcasm.

A minute ago you were claiming they were disreputable and now you’re admitting ignorance toward them. Keep painting a happy face though.

Oh no, I’m glad you posted up those two stories. Thats all I needed.

With regards to this case, here’s a refresher of the initial scandal.

Donegal minor manager hits out after ‘toxic’ taunting of player
May 21, 2015

BY CHRIS MCNULTY

DONEGAL minor football manager Declan Bonner has hit out strongly after one of his players was taunted about the death of his father during last Sunday’s game against Tyrone.

Bonner, writing in his weekly column in this newspaper, claims that his team’s captain, Micheál Carroll, was ‘the victim of some of the worst verbal abuse you could imagine’.

It has been alleged that two Tyrone players mocked Carroll about his father’s death. Francie Carroll, a former Donegal footballer, passed away in February 2014 after a short battle with cancer. Bonner has blasted the treatment of the 17-year-old from Gaoth Dobhair as ‘toxic’.

“If this is what is going to happen in games, then I don’t want to be a part of it,” Bonner said.

“I would rather walk away than be involved in something that has become so toxic.

“Sledging (attempting to disrupt an opponent’s performance through personal abuse) is part and parcel of the game now, but there are certain boundaries that should not be crossed. This whole thing has gone to a new level and in our minor game against Tyrone on Sunday, those boundaries were crossed to sickening levels.

“We all know that this goes on and I think everyone accepts that it just has become a big part of the game now, but when the verbals extend to the bereavement of a family member or a loved one, there has to be a line drawn.”

Bonner has raised his concerns with Donegal County Board officials, who have declined to comment on the matter.

Following several incidents in the senior game between the counties, talk of ‘sledging’ has dominated Gaelic Games media coverage and the alleged incidents involving Carroll have left a sour taste in the Donegal camp.

Bonner said: “It shows a lack of respect. Something needs to be done here because sledging has really gone to a crazy level. Where will it stop?

“It’s something that shouldn’t happen at any level, but it really is worrying when you see this type of behaviour going on with 17-year-olds.

“Only the people involved with teams can sort this problem out. Of course you do what you have to do to win – but does that really extend to goading a young lad about the death of someone close to them?”

Kevin Cassidy has revealed that the Donegal minor player said to have been on the receiving end of what his county manager Declan Bonner described as “toxic” sledging from Tyrone opponents bears “no grudges” and “wanted the whole matter to go away.”

Cassidy is a Gaoth Dobhair clubmate of the Donegal player in question, as well as having been good friends with the players’ deceased father, and insists that he “wanted to find out the facts” before commenting on the matter, which he does in his exclusive column in today’s Gaelic Life.

“I want to make it clear that the young lad in question holds no grudges and wanted the whole matter to go away as he understands the consequences that it could have for him in the lead up to their next Championship game.

“He is also aware of the impact it could have on those being accused of this which has been largely out of his control as he hasn’t spoken to anyone about the incident.”

The former Donegal star was also hugely critical of the handling of the incident by the Donegal camp, expressing his disappointment that it had got into the public domain in the first instance.

“The whole thing was wrongly handled from the off. If something is said on the field play and a player is unhappy with what has been said then it should go through the proper channels to ensure that it is dealt with appropriately instead of being dragged through the media.”

So it did happen.

You must have some imagination on you.

Do you know micky harte nembo?
What’s he like?

Not personally.

Seems like a lovely man though and players who have played under him would attest to that.

Informative rating.

Here’s Teamtalk presenter Noel McGinn in action:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UaqfjIEpJd0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTADWd6cgkk

1 Like

Don’t worry mate, I know all about him and the rest. But thanks for posting it.

@myboyblue

Tyrone have released a statement this evening claiming that two of their county minor players have been cleared of alleged verbal abuse.

Donegal made the allegation back in May following their victory over the Red Hands in the first round of the Ulster minor football championship.

The Ulster Council since investigated the incident and confirmed earlier this month that it would keep its findings confidential, something it said that both counties agreed to.

However, Tyrone’s county board released the following statement below this evening:

“Specific allegations were made against two of our Minor players following the Minor Championship game against Donegal in Ballybofey on 17th May this year,” it said.

“The allegations have been fully investigated by the Ulster Council. We welcome the fact that these players have been exonerated.”

Teamtalkmag vindicated yet again with another exclusive.

What a despicable county with despicable natives.
Most counties have some cunts. But these fuckers pride themselves on their cuntishness.

We’ve been cleared, mate. We were the victims here.

I was talking about Donegal mate. Trying to besmirch the good name and reputation of the young Tyrone lads.It’s amazing what Tyrone achieves in the face of adversity.

1 Like

Shameful. They won’t be happy Until they’ve driven this young footballer to suicide, or worse, Bressie.

You’d have to wonder (1) why the Ulster Council didn’t release this statement and (2) the Tyrone county board have piped up 3 weeks after the investigation.

PETTYPETTY