Mickey Harte's Red Hand Army 2016

I’d imagine Mickey will be confirmed in the coming weeks.

Ronan McNamee is off to Australia next year according to reports, he’ll be a huge loss as he established himself as the best full back on display in this year’s Championship. Looking very unlikely he will be involved next year.

They’re going to get beaten in their first match in Ulster.

They’ll beat some bottom feeders along the way, possibly with one of them giving them a scare (like Wicklow) before strangling the life out of a contender in the quarter-final, driving the media insane. Three players will be black carded and on sent off. This will be blamed on the bias of the ‘Southern Media’ and various other ‘Holocaust deniers’.

They’ll be beaten by 9 point by Mayo, Dublin or Kerry in the semi final in a game that will be described as an ‘intriguing battle’. @Nembo_Kid will seek to claim it a victory and plead with everyone to realise that the higher proportion of sideline kicks that Tyrone won means that they were comfortably the better and had the opposition right where they wanted as they 'played the game on their own terms.

Some of us won’t be able to avoid getting sucked into debate with him.

Can’t wait.

6 Likes

Signing in.

1 Like

The Monaghan woman will be none too impressed.

I’ll include them in my portfolio of teams for next season too. Like most competitive county squads, my portfolio will be open throughout 2016 and I reserve the right to add and subtract teams from it as I go along.

1 Like

Kudos. A perfectly understandable decision.

Is Mickey going to be there at all next year?

Sounds suspiciously like elements in the Tyrone County Board are trying to engineer a constructive dismissal.

I’d say he would have his enemies but this year’s positive improvements will see him having the majority backing of the county.

Harte wants three years while the board only want to give him one? Is this correct?

It would be complete lunacy to try and force him out and cause huge bad blood.

Tyrone should look to their neighbours to see the possible effects of bad decisions.

Derry football has never really recovered from Eamon Coleman’s bizarre sacking in 1994.

Harte will accept the one or two year deal I’d imagine and all will be well. I wouldn’t heed much of the rumours spreading round.

Hopefully we can get the likes of Coney and Grugan back on board this year and integrate more of last year’s u21 team. McNamee is a crushing loss though, he is top drawer.

he isn’t. he’s a run of the mill IC back who was protected by excessive sweeping.

You don’t understand the game Kevin, stick to the star jumps and leave the technical analysis to the experts.

4 Likes

What’s he going doing in Australia @Nembo_Kid? Surely these cunts only do 3 months traveling and return in time for the end of the League?

Not sure, pal. Think he has some sort of trade and has relatives settled in Australia. He was meant to have been heading to the US this summer but Mickey coaxed him out of it.

I’d put him in our top 5 players right now and he’s easily been the best full back in the country this year, should be a shoe in for an all star.

Any chance Mickey might speak to RTE next year?

No.

Some people believe Tyrone’s excessive use of the sweeper system assisted him to such an extent that he has become vastly overrated in comparison to full backs in other teams who operate a more direct defensive system. What would you say to these people?

Most teams play with sweepers these days. McNamee’s job this year has been to nullify the big name forwards and he’s done that very effectively. Well able to burst forward and take a score as well.

He’s a complete footballer and a tough, tight marker.

huge loss, best defender in Ireland by a long shot

hope we can handle losing a player of such ability

1 Like

If he is as good as you say he wouldn’t need all the cover surely?