Micko

None of these modern gurus will come within an assā€™s gallop of Micko, itā€™ll be a sad day all of us who enjoyed him when the final whistle sounds.
Super player, manager, raconteur and all round engaging character. To say he was parsimonious would be putting it mildly but he was born and reared in tough times in an isolated outpost as it was then. He thus knew the value of a pound, how to make them and then mind them. A national treasure.

7 Likes

A fascinating character, the rogues rogue, but incredibly likeable. He did it and coached it and could charm the fuck out of anyone he came across. He brought life to everywhere he went and by God you couldnt help but fall in when he said as much. His aging ages us all. Life is a cunt.

Saying that, he wouldnt spend christmas and would walk around for a week with a headache rather than buy a disprin :smiley:

2 Likes

Iā€™m sure it was just a handy excuse to go down and visit him without having a cloak of morbidity attached to the visit if they came with their hands hanging.

Ye cunts.

Donā€™t like seeing this thread bumped

1 Like

Sad to report that Mickoā€™s son Michael (Haulie) has passed away. RIP.

No man should have to bury a son or daughter. He hadnā€™t been well of late.

SĆŗaimhneas sĆ­orrĆ­ dā€™anam uasal .

16 Likes

Ah no. Itā€™s a a tough road heā€™s on currently sadly. My own father was saying as much recently, never live long enough to bury all those you love.

The auld rogue

Life in the old dog yet. A Tyrone woman and all. Sheā€™ll probably grab him in a headlock tonight and wrestle him to the ground.

3 Likes

You wouldnā€™t know where to start with this one.

When I saw the thread bumped I certainly didnā€™t expect to see this news.

Mickoā€™s version of the Fair Deal scheme I suppose - forever penny-pinching.

4 Likes

Heā€™s some operator. I wonā€™t lie, it wasnā€™t the news I was expecting to see today

Micko has an astute tax advisor. Huda thunk it. Old habits and all that :+1:

the examiner have deducted 3 all irelands from Micko as a manager, says he won 5 as a manager

What financial benefit would marrying her get him? Iā€™d imagine heā€™s loaded himself is he

Iā€™m sure thereā€™s inheritance taxes that can be swerved by this move.
Some of the accountant types will be able to explain the nitty grittys of it.

I thought he was on his last legs?

Heā€™ll outlast you yet

1 Like

Wedding booklets were sponsored by Pfizer

Easily.

Some going in fairness at 86 years of age.

1 Like

Has undue influence written all over it. Iā€™d say thereā€™ll be some craic over the will.

5 Likes