Minks,Stoats,Weasels and Tipp animals etc

And thatā€™s what they do in their free time? I can only imagine what they do work wise :eek:

[quote=ā€œTHE LINK WALSHā€]I caught a 2.5lb brown trout under Ballygallon stud in Inistioge with a bubble and flies at around 10pm one Summers night in 1992,
it was almost dark and he was only a foot from the bank when i hooked into him,he looked about 6lb compared with two others id caught earlier,those were the days i hadnt a trouble in the world.[/QUOTE]

are all fishermen liars or are all liars fishermen???
Bit of a fishy tale that one LINK,i dont think youā€™d get a wild brown trout that size, you sure it wasnt something elseā€¦like your imagination??

[quote=ā€œCian Foleyā€]are all fishermen liars or are all liars fishermen???
Bit of a fishy tale that one LINK,i dont think youā€™d get a wild brown trout that size, you sure it wasnt something elseā€¦like your imagination??[/QUOTE]

:mad:

Like everything else, you obviously know fuck all about it.

Like everything else, you obviously know fuck all about it.[/QUOTE]

oh sure youā€™re such a fuckin expert on everythingā€¦time for you to shut your hole and give your mouth a chance to say something

:mad:

Talking to my local trapper today. He trapped a mink which had killed 12 chickens down the road. Brought the fcuker back to the ā€˜killing fieldsā€™ and set the terriers on him. A terrier v a mink in a confined space or a hole is a fair fight, the terrier though is far superior on open ground. This baiting took place on open ground. Resultā€¦one very dead mink. :smiley:

Is a trapper a dole layabout or someone skilled in the act of catching animals. Please explain as I would have thought catching a mink would be near impossible. Also why didnā€™t he skin it, I thought their pelts were worth money.

This trapper is gainfully self-employed but is the authority on matters of trapping and rustic country pursuits in general. Minks are difficult to trap but by no means impossible to the skilled bush craftsman.

[quote=ā€œballoobasluvsbeerā€]Unfortunetly I never landed or saw a 4pound brownie ever. Read it again Fitzy, a three quarter pound brown I landed. Biggest I ever caught on the local river at home was a pound and a half, always with a worm and a weight only.
I had no lead for a weight onetime so tied a new fence nail to it(canā€™t think of the proper name the U shaped nails)and used to catch a heap of trout with that.
I reckon it was because the nail was so shiny in the water it attracted them to the area in the first place.[/quote]

Sorry Balooba, nice all the same. Have you ever landed a sea (white) trout?

Bubble fishing with a fly is BTW completely illegal and anyone using this method should be shot.

[quote=ā€œFitzyā€]
Bubble fishing with a fly is BTW completely illegal and anyone using this method should be shot.[/quote]

No itā€™s not.
It may be banned on particular rivers but it is in no way a country wide law.

Landed some fine Sea Trout in my time. Took six under a full moon at the mouth of the river mahon, just behing the beach in Bunmahon one August nightā€¦ Got them on silver spinners. Good times.

A weasel is weasely seen but a stoat is stoatally different

Iā€™m surprised to see the puke hasnā€™t added his voice to this thread yet

Minking is a bit working class for the likes of Puke, WTB. More of a fella to go shooting grouse than frolic with vermin like mink Iā€™d say.

http://www.novarestate.co.uk/images/mp_shooting.jpg

Puke walking the Clare hills with his trusty retriever ā€˜Bensonā€™.

Did you miss the drama of the weekend SS**?

Pukes dog Lohan got savaged by a pinemartin.

[quote=ā€œThe Runtā€]Did you miss the drama of the weekend SS**?

Pukes dog Lohan got savaged by a pinemartin.[/quote]

Huh??? Is this true?

My local mechanic, jacked up a crocked car last week and found a crazed mink under it, there has been a spate of attacks by the cunts recently. I bet that was a mink that attacked Lohan.

[quote=ā€œSHANNONSIDER**ā€]Huh??? Is this true?

My local mechanic, jacked up a crocked car last week and found a crazed mink under it, there has been a spate of attacks by the cunts recently. I bet that was a mink that attacked Lohan.[/quote]

Puke reckons it was a pinemartin. Canā€™t remember what thread it was in but the dog has lost an eye.

Here it is:

Iā€™ve never seen a pine martin myself.

[quote=ā€œThe Runtā€]Here it is:

Iā€™ve never seen a pine martin myself.[/quote]

They are hardy boyos alright, they are fearless. Iā€™m told they are one of the few lads who will take on a mink if they come across one.

I wish Pukeā€™s dog all the best.

[quote=ā€œSHANNONSIDER**ā€]They are hardy boyos alright, they are fearless. Iā€™m told they are one of the few lads who will take on a mink if they come across one.

I wish Pukeā€™s dog all the best.[/quote]

If you could bake a few buns for the cake sale it would be appreciated.