Mock the Week

Watched a small bit of this for possibly the first time last night. Wasn’t bad - mixed bag but Frankie Boyle was superb.

In that improv type round where they have to do one-liners about a particular topic he came out with two gems for “What you’ll never here in a superhero film”:

1. Is it a bird, is it a plane? Not sure but it’s heading for the Twin Towers anyway.

2. What’s that Joker - you’ll be back? Somehow I don’t think so!

Fair play to him taking on shit like that.

Might go find some of his videos now, been very impressed with him before.

Puke TV. A bad version of shows like the panel and have i got news for you. The only thing it has going for it is Dara O’Brien. As for that insufferable fool Ed Byrne, hes a team captain as far as i know, that says it all really…

Bad version of Have I Got News For You certainly but it’s way better than the Panel. Also Ed Byrne isn’t on it I don’t think - not in the episode I saw anyway. But he is an insufferable fool so you’re right on that part.

Agree that Have I Got News for You is class
Agree that the Panel is utter muck
I have definitely seen Ed Byrne on Mock the Week as well and that says it all
Don’t rate Dara O’Brian either

[quote=“farmerinthecity”]Agree that Have I Got News for You is class
Agree that the Panel is utter muck
I have definitely seen Ed Byrne on Mock the Week as well and that says it all
Don’t rate Dara O’Brian either[/quote]

Dara o brian is best stand up iv seen live anyways, dont like any of those panel shows really. Scripted bullshite

Mock the week is poor enough. Byrne oftens pops up on it, the most unfunny funny man there is, how he is making a good living from it is beyond me anyway.

One thing about Mock the Week is Frankie Boyle in aprticular tends to hog the stage a good bit. The particular show that Rock mentioned I saw Andy Parsons try to get to the mic about 5-6 times just to have someone get out in front of him.

Ed Byrne is very good. He’s not a bogger.

I’ve only seen one and a half episodes of Mock the Week (saw a repeat of an old episode on Dave last night). Boyle was by far the most vocal comedian on it but I think that’s because he’s the funniest - of the ones I saw anyway. There was a bird on it this week and she didn’t speak. She contributed zero - embarrassing actually.

Flango, Ed Byrne is the least funny guy on television.

[quote=“therock67”]I’ve only seen one and a half episodes of Mock the Week (saw a repeat of an old episode on Dave last night). Boyle was by far the most vocal comedian on it but I think that’s because he’s the funniest - of the ones I saw anyway. There was a bird on it this week and she didn’t speak. She contributed zero - embarrassing actually.

Flango, Ed Byrne is the least funny guy on television.[/quote]

even less funny since he cut his hair and there is now no distraction from the jokes. At least one could laugh at the floor mop standing up cracking jokes before

Have any of you ever seen any Ed Byrnes stand up show? He certainly isn’t at his best on these panel shows. His Alanis Morissette joke is one for the ages and is recognised as such by his peers.

[FONT=Verdana]Rory Bremner is an embarrassment on Mock the Week actually. They pretty much had to construct rounds for him just so he can do his impressions. Desperate. Probably why he’s not on the newer episodes.[/FONT]

mock the week is really funny in my opinion.
frankie boyle is worth watching as he always comes out with the funniest stuff-his stuff on diana is always hilarious. he always has the wittiest comments and the ones which some people find ofensiive. which alwways makes it funnier for me.
i find MTW much funnier than the panel especially as the panel has bogger’s and birds on it every week-everyone knows wimmin aint remotley funny.

dara o’briain i have seen live in stand up and i found him really funny.
ed byrne is not very funny at all but the single unfunniest irish comedian is jason byrne.
he is fuckin melodjan.

I saw one of Ed Byrnes stand up shows in Vicar street a couple of years ago. It was for the Just for Laughs tv show. He was abysmal. The crowd barely laughed. He was booed off at the end.
When it was broadcast on TV a few months later all the boos and silence were dubbed over with laughter.

[quote=“Flano”]

[FONT=Verdana]Rory Bremner is an embarrassment on Mock the Week actually. They pretty much had to construct rounds for him just so he can do his impressions. Desperate. Probably why he’s not on the newer episodes.[/FONT][/quote]

It was the same in Whose Line is it Anyway? For any of those blind date games Bremner would be Prince Charles or someone like that. Completely out of his depth. Not as bad as Ardal O’Hanlon (the one time he was on it) whom it was actually embarassing to watch…

I said it before but that was a top, top show and is sorely missed…

[quote=“Flano”]Have any of you ever seen any Ed Byrnes stand up show? He certainly isn’t at his best on these panel shows. His Alanis Morissette joke is one for the ages and is recognised as such by his peers.

[][/quote]

is that the one where he keeps going on thats its not ironic just bad luck? that is pretty funny

maybe not enough to build a career around though

That’s the problem with Ed Byrne. That’s a decent joke but I heard it first about 10 years ago and he has done absolutely nothing in the intervening period. He doesn’t come across as particularly witty which is a real problem for the type of tv work he does. By some accounts however Frankie Boyle is supposed to be pretty poor live. Pity but he’s quick witted enough for MTW anyway. He was excellent when he was on Have I Got News For You by the way.