More GAA Shame

Iā€™m not accusing you of anything

See this is the nub of it. You can say it all you like. But young lads are volatile, and you can think you have everything as it should be until chaos theory interjects.

1 Like

Thatā€™s where discipline comes in to it then. You respect your opponent and the referee. If a young lad sledges a fella after a game or drops a shoulder or a belt across a fella he has no business playing sports until his parents sort out his behaviour and no club should tolerate it

3 Likes

You see, you are of the belief this is our teams. You can legislate all you like for your own team, but you cant do it for an opposition team.

No, Iā€™m saying all teams should do it this way, not accusing anyone here of anything.

You could go after the young lad from the other team and throttle him.

6 Likes

Are you woken up in the morning by a chorus of songbirds fluttering around your head?

2 Likes

@estebandaface lecturing lads again on yet another topic. Quell surprise

Iā€™m not proud to say the thought has fluttered through my head like a morning songbird (theres not much in there to obstruct it mind you)

I should have known better

I must drop him in Clonaslee* some day and see how they take to his musings.

*This is slightly unfair, Clonaslee have cleaned up their act greatly in recent years at underage.

Youā€™d be banning lads left right and centre. And parents would be queuing up to complain about x y and z of unconfiemed shit about their kid, another kid, the other team.
For the lad i was talking about, ive coached him in a couple of different sports since he was about 4/5 hes always had that streak. Would give a kid who was minding their own business a clip as he passed. Heā€™s had warnings, small bans, parents come and watch, etc. His brother is one of the nicest kids, his dad coaches the gaa as well, sometimes theres not a lot you can do. Also, his behaviour is actually improving! A bit of sledging compared to whacking lads

10 Likes

@estebandaface should get involved himself there with an underage team and see how easy it is.He has all the answers.

Let him finish solving Ukraine first ffs.

1 Like

Is it as big an issue as is being made out here? Rarely comes to anything. Bit of slagging or jostling occasionally but you need to how to act when youā€™ve won or lost and are going to both meet and have cunts within your own ranks that need dealing with. Part and parcel

Quite possibly not. But a muldoon gaa coach was sitting on an 8 year old strangling him at the weekend so and had to be dragged off byb3 parents and a priest so you cant be too careful.

5 Likes

dont mean to make it sound like Iā€™m calling it a big issue, I just think its stupid to keep tapping hurls and hopping elbows. Rare enough anything happens or there are any flashpoints, but it definitely does happen and usually met with befuddled looks and WTF rather than any big aftermatch brawls in the car park.

1 Like

Itā€™s really really really stupid.

And itā€™s even more daft at adult level.

I know ye lads hate solutions and love a moan but if you think its going to be an issue could ye not just talk to the opposing coach and maybe agree to give it a skip. Most people are reasonable

1 Like

Unless itā€™s your own

1 Like