More GAA Shame

Upon some investigation apparently there has been numerous incidents this year and an arrest in one case.
Lifetime bans.

I am not one for ā€œthink of the childrenā€ type mania that exists (usually in a false position anyway) but this is mad shit.

And not one either for extreme punishment but maybe making an example of a few here with some zero tolerance may be the only thing that works.

1 Like

Itā€™s all over de papers you little bollox.

It meant so much to them.

Iā€™d kneecap some of them parents, would you know anyone fit to do it?

No comment.

cc @Little_Lord_Fauntleroy

1 Like

https://www.ghanaweb.com/GhanaHomePage/SportsArchive/I-m-waiting-for-GAA-ban-to-be-lifted-Bissah-738581

3 Likes

V good

A petition to rename a street in Northern Irelandnamed after a prominent 19th century slavery advocate has gathered steam on social media.

By Monday morning more than 620 people had signed the request on change.org asking authorities in Newry to rename John Mitchel Place, which honours a hero of Irish nationalism who went on to champion slavery in the United States. Newry also has a statue of Mitchel.

ā€œIs a street named after a racist really the reflection we want shone on Newry in this modern, multicultural society?ā€ asked the petition organiser, Padraig Mac Cionnaith.

Mitchel grew up in Newry and became a leader of Young Ireland, a group that campaigned against British rule. He was deported in 1848 to a penal colony in Australia and escaped to the US, where he urged Americans to take pride in slavery.

Mac Cionnaith suggested authorities rename the street Equality Place or after the goalkeeper Pat Jennings or even Luv Bug, a Newry pop group which represented Ireland in the 1986 Eurovision.

pƔdraig | @iffygriffin (@iffygriffin)

I e-mailed the Newry councillors regarding John Mitchel Place earlier. I can provide text versions of the below if youā€™d like one dm me! pic.twitter.com/fUTX2g0gqB

June 7, 2020

Several GAA sports clubs around Ireland are named after Mitchel. Several people on Twitter urged the clubs to change their name.

The Gaa have shamed themselves recently.

Rugby and soccer players have done the same. What you mean is young people have shamed themselves recently.

1 Like

No, the GAA are ringing guys up and telling them to ignore their symptoms or tests and to go out and play ā€¦ :grinning:

A good shot of the Doon lads had something wrong with them anyway

1 Like

Who is John McEntee?

St Sylvesters pretty inexcusable

A horrible club

1 Like

Even the name sounds sneaky

This might not be the best time to admit that I have donned a Syls jersey in my time.

You fuckin cunt

3 Likes

I was young and I needed the money.

2 Likes