More GAA Shame

But he has a criminal record for breaking the law, not only did he break the law on a motoring offence but when questioned about it in court under oath, he knowingly told blatant lies about it and got caught out. I canā€™t see where the sympathy comes into it. Fair enough to chance your arm and try and get off a motoring offence but at least have the decency to recognise that a judge has far superior intelligence and not try and fill him full of shit while pledging to tell the truth. He got a criminal record through absolute stupidity. Thereā€™s no sympathy for that.

Yeah, I get you there. Fair comment.

Poor Pat was the sacrificial lamb.

No more Whingy Kiely, Iā€™d be christening him Creepy John now for letting this happen under his watch.

Heā€™s a company man now.

You reckon?
:joy::joy:

2 Likes

Itā€™s a shame he wasnā€™t a more important member of the panel and only committed GBH. Heā€™d have had the big house backing he needed then.

In fairness though, whilst he was stupid, I suspect he was advised to take this line, which has worked for hundreds before him. As for perjury, donā€™t make me laugh. Just about every trial in Ireland has someone committing perjury. Did Maria Bailey give evidence under oath?
Two weeks in jail is just the judge in a bad humour. The Allen man from ballymaloe got no time for sponsoring child rape.

5 Likes

It was a WhatsApp that done him. Schoolboy error

Fucking phones

Fucking telling lies under oath.

The gobshite swore under oath that he didnā€™t receive a speeding notice. Then he sent a copy of it into a WhatsApp group.

I wonder who the snitch was?

1 Like

Ah shtapppp

Which one of his buddies shopped him to the fuzz youā€™d wonder

Which one of the Limerick lads was it throwing the punches in New York the night Gillane was showcasing his filmmaking skills?

2 Likes

Please tell. The suspense is killing me.

Reading between the lines here from the slightly longer reports in todays papers, I surmise what happened to be as follows. Pat the Perjurer gets a speeding notice in the post. He takes a picture of it and sends it to third party, a guard, and asks for advice. Guard tells him lie through his teeth in court. Subsequently there is a broader investigation of the guard whose phone is searched. And it all comes out.

10 Likes

All this over 3 penalty points and ā‚¬80 as it was then (trust me, I know). This smacks of blatant entitlement and the Jimā€™ll Fixit culture. This lad has been hooked at the crucial time and left with his togs down round his ankles. You couldnā€™t keep up to some of them hurler lads, theyā€™re full of oulā€™ divilment.

8 Likes

And all he had to do was leave the gear bag on the back seat.

Are you implying that the boot was full of something else?