More GAA Shame

Sorry to correct here but I think there is two clubs going on the trip?

Weā€™re getting a glimpse into the elitist coaching habits of quite a few posters here

There must be savage tyres to bate beyond in Portugal.

A sport with a billion players or a sport with 20000 players?

Fuck it I just heard the dance group 1 of our daughters is in is organising a trip to London next year to a show and visit some famous academy, will somebody please let Wooly know.

1 Like

Them cunts in laois have nothing better to do than stick their beak in and stir shit. Sad really.

2 Likes

Soccer in itā€™s current guise is ruining the planet. All those mid week Champions league and europa league matches. There must be hundreds of non essential flights taking place every week. I appreciate your beloved Shamrock Rovers are pretty blameless as they are normally beaten in the qualifying round by a team of thurible polishers from The Vatican but nonetheless the damage to our planet caused by soccer related travel is unsustainable.

13 Likes

It makes sense alright, but hard to see it being implemented.

What sports ban, or donā€™t cater for away supporters?

Small stadiums like Ice Hockey are one. Is basketball the same? Baseball?

All sponsored

VFR - Visiting Friends and Relations.

why-do-people-travel

Im really looking for answers from @Little_Lord_Fauntleroy here. Sport needs to become more local and community based in the interests of saving the planet. @Little_Lord_Fauntleroy can you think of any sport in Ireland that fits the bill?

1 Like

On Inis MeĆ”in Cead is unique. A small wooden stick ā€“ the cead ā€“ is placed against a flat stone in the middle of a field. Using only a second piece of wood as a bat, players must hit the cead into the air and then again, fast and hard, over the far side of a rope over thirty metres away.

Island people saving the planet

By who?

Eh, dont they cut trees to make shinty sticks, imagine the damage done if shinty was popular outside munster

As you are normally very quick to point out hurling is played by an absolute minuscule percentage of the global population. Hence the damage to the environment is minuscule. Soccer as you never tire of blowing about is a ā€˜global gameā€™. The damage it is doing to said globe is catastrophic. I donā€™t know how you live with the hypocrisy but thatā€™s the Greens for you i suppose.

4 Likes

The GGA have been doing their best to expand globally but have simply failed.

1 Like

Is this for real?

We need to do away with Marathon Sports travel too

Yeah, imagine the cheek of it bringing kids on a trip

ā€˜Warm Weather Trainingā€™

Call it what it was called please.