More GGA shame part 15234322435676544

I’ve a few yarns to bring forth to the administrator of that account so.

1 Like

There are roughly 2,400 GAA clubs in Ireland. All of them ran by volunteers. All of them non for profit organisations who do a lot of good for the communities in which they reside. Is this article the best he can come up with? Seriously…
You are going to have unsavoury incidents involving individuals. It happens in the work place, in politics and in the safe environments of peoples homes.

We live amongst a generation of snowflakes who are permanently outraged. Take this line “all other kids were greeted like a messiah except my own” as an example. Same parent called a meeting with club officers on differential treatment of their child. I mean what the fuck like

14 Likes

Everybody wants fair play and truth, until it arrives at their own doorstep.

2 Likes

“not for profit”

Is that not a given for 99% of sports clubs in Ireland?

1 Like

Yeah fair point.

1 Like

I think anyone that has ever managed an underage team knows these kinds of parents.

Given that they wouldn’t pay tax for years it’s hardly a surprise they have hush money put away.

2 Likes

And now they are being given a national platform to air their grievances anonymously, while those they accuse are named. In the Athenry story it could be argued that the parents could not be named to protect the kids but there seems to be no justifiable reason not to name ‘Driver’ in this story.

1 Like

Why name the victim?

The GGA are in full cover up mode.

1 Like

Again

And how many of those clubs have had 20,000 stumped up to cover costs in a defamation case. Is this the norm? Really I couldn’t give a shite about the article but I’d like to know where the money came from!

1 Like

AIB

Can anyone throw up the article? I cant get to my parents coffee table.

2 Likes
1 Like

It appears it came from an insurance company.

Why didn’t Kimmage mention the source of cheque in his article?

From what I can see Garywn trade as Davies-Group.com which appear to be some sort of insurance company, so I’m assuming it was as a result of a claim by the GAA against some form of insurance plan they have for such incidents?

Did you notice that the ‘Million Dollar Man’ is involved? I bet @Bandage did.

I didn’t read the piece, mate. Is it worth a browse or is it along the same lines as his recent “expose” about the club in Galway?

Much the same. Club in the wrong again, but Kimmage stirring it for all he’s worth.