More Things That Are Wrong, just plain wrong

Iā€™ll get backpaid but itā€™s a serious pain in the hole especially with the money Iā€™m forking out for travelling. They donā€™t like prepaying for hotels and Iā€™m having to get sign off every time I go abroad for prepay as I just donā€™t have the cash

Iā€™ll be taxed like a bastard though

Taxed the same as if you got it from the start?

Would the cunts not give you a credit card?

Donā€™t think so. Had a similar issue last year when promoted and got belted for tax USC and levy. Big lump will pay more in USC and levy than if on weekly basis

Jesus no

Canā€™t see how thatā€™s fair, I would kick up over that. Youā€™re more up on the law than me though.

Thatā€™s not exactly true as far as I know. Will look like it in the first month, because PAYE always assumes your final salary for the year will be a linear extrapolation of YTD salary. So you play catch up and in fact overpay in the month of a lump sum. This will be gradually unwound over the rest of the year as you glide towards your final salary for the year.

2 Likes

Iā€™ll try ACHPS. have you had any dealings with them yet?

Havenā€™t joined yet, must do that actually. Met some of the reps, they seem decent.

This. It will average out over the year. You should pay the same in PAYE and USC over the course of a tax year regardless of when itā€™s paid. Be a pain in the hole for the first few months though as you will pay more upfront only for it to be clawed back later in the year. Some fuck up for it to take them 3 months though. Iā€™m shocked that people working in the public service could be this shoddy.

3 Likes

Fair play ACHPS. they got straight onto peoplepoint and itā€™s being prioritised and theyā€™re providing an explanation of the delays.

Big change from CPSU!

1 Like

I just cut one nail and then my nail cutters broke.

For the love of sweet baby Jesus

1 Like

I would suggest this lady wasnā€™t exactly cut out for the job in which she was appointed. Maybe thats why she ended up in the backarse that is Boyle.

Who is the TFK pretend garda again? Can he confirm AGS protocol in relation to this;

Garda Oā€™Gorman decided to seize the car and the driver had agreed to drive it and follow her to the station. Later he had turned off and she had pursued him in a high speed chase that had caused other motorists to swerve.

Would you not be better served throwing suspected crim in the back of the cop car and taking him to the barracks?

Hang on, youā€™re in the garda car pursuing a criminal, and he decides to stop and reverse into you.

Why, under any circumstances, would you decide to jump out of the car? This one is some pillock.

Donā€™t be silly. That would be the right thing to do

Listen, she couldnā€™t have foreseen this when she asked him nicely to drive his car to the police station for questioning.