Mount Everest & other Feats of Endurance

It’ll only took ten days but damo put the blame squarely on the shoulders of the coast guard/who ever operates the light houses off the coast off Galway for coming ashore on the rocks in the middle of the night.

Apparently he was blinded severely and this caused him to lose concentration.

There was fuck all wrong with him

He was in hospital for ten days after it

You’d swear Furbo was the feckin Bermuda Triangle and not just a pitstop for international alcoholics heading to Kylemore Abbey

1 Like

Have lighthouses being doing more harm than good all along? :hushed:

2 Likes

It’s an unreal feat of endurance/resilience/whatever you’re having yourself. But answer me this please…did he successfully complete the task or not? Are these Furbo rocks the Irish coastline so…it’s a yes…and it’s just that he didn’t get to the planned finish point…or are the rocks out from land a bit so…it’s a very harsh no?

if you did a 5k run and set a best time and strava recorded it as 4.95k, would you go telling everyone how great your time is? Or would you say fuck, it, close, but it just doesnt count.

1 Like

I’d keep sprinting past the finish line, risk trampling over timekeepers, stewards and organisers until my watch/Strava app also hit 5km to ensure this wouldn’t even be an issue.

1 Like

You’d go back out and do the correct distance the next day. No more about it.

2 Likes

He walked ashore so it’s fair to say he completed it.

It’s pretty cruel though as he’d have gotten in to Galway bay handy enough only his family weren’t there so he slowed down and ended up getting blown down to Dingle.

I myself would have sailed into Dingle bay if given the choice.

1 Like

I can empathise with Damo about this.

5 Likes

I hope you get sorted Chester

1 Like

Yeah, so do I. On my laptop your avatar circle is appearing twice, once where it is and the other oscillating variously between “hope” and below “Chester”.

2 Likes

https://www.rte.ie/news/regional/2022/1110/1335252-solo-sailor/

1 Like

:slightly_frowning_face: :slightly_frowning_face: :slightly_frowning_face:

Please god we’ll have some disaster in the Himalayas again shortly to get this thread back on track.

I’d know his son Tony, mad as a hatter too. Lovely family