Moving to eircom broadband

It’s happening on Ubuntu and W7, the PS3 seems to hold the connection a bit better but still drops frequently.

Julio, are you in the centre of Dublin and unable to get UPC or am I missing something?

UPC’s broadband is top class. Never fails me and the premium ones are very fast.

Plenty of the “alternatives” to Eircom are just resellers of Eircom’s wholesale package so moving away from Eircom won’t always improve your service unless you’re moving hardware too. I’d be going down the route of complaining to Eircom as others have suggested.

Yup living around Camden Street area. Your man said I can’t get it and they’ve no plans for the area in the future.

Its a cunt because I’m already getting the TV off em so it’d work out at a decent saving

Here Runt, are you playing the beta of Killzone 3?

I have played nothing other than Black Ops since Christmas

This thread threatens the internet wide illusion that this is a super cool forum.

gaystation or snackbox?

Yours etc,
GSH.

PS3, as mentioned in my earlier post.

Yours in FUCKIN PAY ATTENTION

Runt

Anyone here using Eircom notice the connection gone to shit in the past week?

My own line has dropped to speeds of 0.3mb /0.1mb. Checked with the neighbours and they seem to be having similar issues.
I also spoke to a work colleague in another part of the county and he has had the same issues since the weekend. Tried ringing Eircom but was told me wait time would be over 15 minutes.

[QUOTE=“TreatyStones, post: 941180, member: 1786”]Anyone here using Eircom notice the connection gone to shit in the past week?

My own line has dropped to speeds of 0.3mb /0.1mb. Checked with the neighbours and they seem to be having similar issues.
I also spoke to a work colleague in another part of the county and he has had the same issues since the weekend. Tried ringing Eircom but was told me wait time would be over 15 minutes.[/QUOTE]
Had the same issue, rang them & they sent someone out ASAP. They changed the modem foc and it’s working perfect since.

I have 3 modems at home. Same shit speeds on all of them.
Had them out and they replaced the line after the storm, this seems to be a more general problem and seems to be widespread.

[QUOTE=“TreatyStones, post: 941190, member: 1786”]I have 3 modems at home. Same shit speeds on all of them.
Had them out and they replaced the line after the storm, this seems to be a more general problem and seems to be widespread.[/QUOTE]

Jizz in the modem?

Seriously, though… sounds like there is an issue on the line, give them a call and ensure you have your account number or you’ll be waiting even longer.

@KinvarasPassion

I am sorry, as I have limited access to resolve the concern, I apologies that I am failing to get the resolution for you, however as all our customers are a big value for us, I will take the initiative to connect your chat to the relevant team so that you can get the resolution of your issue and can be a satisfied eir customer, please be with me while I connect the chat .

:joy:

1 Like

The worse thing is it’s probably a template :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Rajesh couldn’t give a fuck mate.

He’s ‘working from home’ today which is thinly veiled as helping the mother out with a bit of rat farming.

He’ll look into your issue when has the feeding done.

2 Likes

Eircom sent out a letter a few years ago as I was doing a bit of torrenting :joy: Had to convince the mother to switch over to Vodafone :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

3 Likes

They sorted my issue :clap:

I remember reading a story one time about a city that had a rat problem and introduced a scheme to bring down the rat population where you got, say a €5, for every dead rat you produced. Sure didn’t the locals only go and start rat farms and rat population went through the roof :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I switched to eir on Dec 28th, said it was painless and quick. I have had to all the following up and its still not sorted. They’re useless

They are all pretty much terrible