'Munster by birth, Irish thanks to the rest of us'

Will he just be eating a plate of spuds so or what? Surely, something on the side as well?

:D:D Spaights pmsl… There’s a blast from the past.

http://www.vocaleyes.co.uk/images/event_262.jpg

This is now how I picture The Puke aka Dick Whittington. You should hit the States for a year if Clonlara get knocked out of the Munster Club. Surely beats doing nixers for pernicious employers like The Runt, who will take advantage of your plight.

[quote=“SHANNONSIDER**”]:D:D Spaights pmsl… There’s a blast from the past.

This is now how I picture The Puke aka Dick Whittington. You should hit the States for a year if Clonlara get knocked out of the Munster Club. Surely beats doing nixers for pernicious employers like The Runt, who will take advantage of your plight.[/quote]

I take offence to that. I’m sure Puke will appreciate the days labour. It’s beats hanging around the square in Clonlara with a clay pipe in his hat waiting to be hired.

I used Spaights so that the Dunph won’t know where I am talking about and won’t be hanging around waiting to get a glimpse of myself or Puke.

[quote=“The Runt”]I take offence to that. I’m sure Puke will appreciate the days labour. It’s beats hanging around the square in Clonlara with a clay pipe in his hat waiting to be hired.

I used Spaights so that the Dunph won’t know where I am talking about and won’t be hanging around waiting to get a glimpse of myself or Puke.[/quote]

:smiley:

Burgerland is pretty central also !!

The lobby of Cruise’s Hotel is usually the place to meet people I’d have thought Runty? Is parking poor along there?

Would you not meet me at Boyd’s hardware, runty?

Spaights would be handiest Puke, but I will stretch to swinging up by the Henry Cecil for you if that’s handier?

That will do the finest…

I see that The Still House is up for lease…

[quote=“The Puke”]That will do the finest…

I see that The Still House is up for lease…[/quote]

Any idea what that would cost to lease for the year?

If its a pub its all about the golden handshake. You’ll usually cover the rent on a pub no bother if your made for the job anyway. Usually guys look for 3-5 year leases though.

I have absolutely no idea what this place is like, but guys usually look for 20k minimum for the keys and ghe lease.

[quote=“caoimhaoin”]If its a pub its all about the golden handshake. You’ll usually cover the rent on a pub no bother if your made for the job anyway. Usually guys look for 3-5 year leases though.

I have absolutely no idea what this place is like, but guys usually look for 20k minimum for the keys and ghe lease.[/quote]

It’s a small pub, but in a very good location. Would seem to have a fairly decent “regular” trade. Used to drink there a fair bit back in the day but would only be in there the odd time now, would be very surprised if a lad couldn’t make it pay.

[quote=“The Runt”]I take offence to that. I’m sure Puke will appreciate the days labour. It’s beats hanging around the square in Clonlara with a clay pipe in his hat waiting to be hired.

I used Spaights so that the Dunph won’t know where I am talking about and won’t be hanging around waiting to get a glimpse of myself or Puke.[/quote]

I have met Puke in Clem’s numerous times and we even travelled to NCW for the Askeaton v Drom game where we’d grand seats in the stand…

:smiley:

I fucking hate Munster.

80,000 for a three year lease…

Over 2k a month in rent so, and rates etc on top of that. Staff costs would be low though considering there’s only room for 2 behind the bar.

[quote=“caoimhaoin”]If its a pub its all about the golden handshake. You’ll usually cover the rent on a pub no bother if your made for the job anyway. Usually guys look for 3-5 year leases though.

I have absolutely no idea what this place is like, but guys usually look for 20k minimum for the keys and ghe lease.[/quote]

the only way you will turn a decent living out of an average pub is if you are willing to work 70 hours+ a week in it…The pub trade has dropped of the bones of 50% over the past 2 years…If you don’t put in the time they you are on a hiding to nothing

It isn’t too bad considering the place is well establihed and does a steady enough trade