Munster GAA Round Robin 2022

That’s the Limerick hurling team, a few heroes on the internet who think they’ve achieved something wouldn’t break much, most never even picked up a Hurley :joy:

However many they’d like. It wouldn’t matter

What was his agenda? To claim credit for Cahill’s success?

The 3 lads, salt of the earth dont represent all of the waterford people i have met, a majority were ahead of the game in the GGs

We have 3 all irelands won on the internet.

1 Like

We’ve Cork lads here posting on the thread like mad and at the same time claiming it doesn’t matter to them at all.

You’ve Tipp lads talking down the Round Robin and at the same time talking up halcyon days of yore when they used to beat Antrim or injury depleted Kilkenny sides in finals after playing 4 games

You’ve Waterford lads claiming they were never confident whatsoever of catching Limerick this year. No sir, not us. Not at all.

You’ve Clare lads giddy with excitement about drawing with a Waterford Crystal type selection in a must win game for them down the home stretch against 14 men in their much vaunted fortress

You’ve Galway lads talking about JP and Performance Enhancing Drugs and who shot JFK and the moon landings etc

You’ve Kilkenny lads who don’t know what to say because they admire what we’re doing so much due to recognising the great KK team of recent times in us but at the same time knowing we’re on the cusp of eclipsing even that side.

It is literally QUITE FASCINATING TO WATCH

19 Likes

I think possibly he wants the job again at some point. So over hype and over hype so when/if Waterford fail, Cahil’s creditability diminishes.

Waterford win and then he looks like a clever smart pundit and his hype was justified. Gets to keep his newspaper column and his spotlight in the tv/radio and continue to talk shite after swallowing a dictionary

5 Likes

It was great for Waterford to nip in and bag a National title. Only the 3rd in 60 odd years.

1 Like

I was with you up to this. We are about 5 or 6 All Irelands off eclipsing that era

1 Like

You’ve Limerick lads who go to a few matches and act like they’ve something to do with the success of their county team,
Hurling is very SERIOUS, not at all a form of entertainment :joy:

1 Like

The only lads who give us any credit are the Kilkenny people, they respect the hard work and strength of this team.

2 Likes

That would be the general view of it. Particularly the first paragraph.

3 Likes

In fairness, Cody has had about 4 seperate excellent teams in his time. The 08’ one being the greatest ever.

Limerick would be going for 5 very possibly but for the line call in 19.

This Limerick team is as comparable with KK 08’ as any team has ever been.

What do you deserve credit for :joy:

Everybody, absolutely everybody recognises that this is a brilliant Limerick team, outrageously good, don’t be fooling yourself :grinning:

1 Like

We’re not. Kilkenny’s 4 in a row side of 06/07/08/09 are recognised as the Greatest of all time. Their team had seen a bit of change from 2011 and 12 onwards.

It’s their 4 in a row side I’m talking about. If we win this year we’ve 3 in a row and 4 in 5. We’d be on the cusp of eclipsing them, which is what I said

1 Like

Even if none of it is true, he is still coming across as a awful gobshite lately.
Arrogantly predicting wins last year on national media for Waterford (semi final) and then for Cork (final). Fair enough he stuck his neck out but he is at the same nonsense this year

1 Like

What’s funny is how blatant McGrath is with it all.

1 Like

Hurling is very important in some people’s lives. There are Limerick posters here who have been directly involved in Limerick County teams believe it or not, I know several of them. There are other posters who more or less run their clubs along with 2 or 3 other guys, they’re absolutely tremendous club people. There’s some posters on here who have coached Limerick Senior players, invested hundreds of hours in them of their free time.

There are others who have had tough times in the recent past, and their interest and love of Limerick Hurling have sustained them through it. I know of posters on here who share a very strong bond with family members, memories of loved ones etc through following Limerick. For many Limerick posters, being involved in the GAA at grassroots level, or lucky enough to have some involvement at inter county level, has been an absolutely huge part of their lives.

Very similar in how being an incredibly patronising, virtue signalling, predictable boring poster who revels in attempting to appear superior to strangers on the internet about their interests and hobbies and passions is a big part of yours, for some strange reason that probably points to some sort of deep seated insecurity.

Anyway, I still love you mate.

25 Likes

They won 6 in 7 years mate, 7 in 9 years. Limerick nowhere near eclipsing that yet.

2 Likes

:clap::clap::clap: