Munster GAA Round Robin 2022

Literally every single time he opens his mouth.

1 Like

If a team can manage with less players back then it’s a massive advantage, how can he be so utterly delusional.

1 Like

Derek trying to get our doc into trouble

2 Likes

There’s nothing wrong with filtering players back or playing a sweeper, and creating space for your forwards.

My issue with Derek’s Waterford is that a lot of the time it was Shane Bennett on his own inside the 45 with three defenders cutting off all the space. It was so predictable and so easy to counteract, they weren’t actually creating any space. It meant they had no out ball, they had to run everything and it’s difficult to sustain when you’re getting hit hard by the best teams.

Tipp did have a spare man at the back a lot in the 20s game, and their half-forwards did work up and down the lines, as all teams do. But, crucially, they kept two men inside at all times and sometimes had a third, who were very very dangerous. And because they were constantly moving, and had one player flitting between half-forward and full-forward, it meant Limerick couldn’t just sit players to block off space in certain positions.

And yet, his article, again, has a dig at Cummins for (presumably) having had a dig at McGrath’s tactics in the past. When they are not the same. At all.

7 Likes

Its quiet axiomatic of Derek to discombobulated his own fecal stratagems with Brendans.

3 Likes

The way some people go on about referees is hilarious. Like how the fuck is he supposed to see that

This is getting to a level with Dictionary Derek that you’d nearly have to admire him for it

2 Likes

This fucking bollox. Does he ever stop justifying himself

Reports from Kerry suggest Fintan would struggle to put his stamp on a letter.

The boy Molumphy is ruling over them with an iron fist though

2 Likes

In fairness to Derek he did take Waterford to within one score of an All Ireland (two scores Fagan if we are being precise about it) which is more than anyone else achieved in half a century.

2 Likes

I think lads issue with Derek is that he makes them consider their own understanding of life.

‘This communicative messaging saw physio Mark Melbourne and doctor James Ryan operate as a brilliantly creative duo.’

Everything and everyone is brilliant in his world. The biggest bluffer in the GAA today.

1 Like

Stevie Poacher disagrees.

By being so defensive it allows me to open up all sorts of creative spaces in other areas

Derek definitely did a good job with Waterford but I also think his style became outdated very quickly. It worked when the majority of teams were still hip and whip largely and De Burca would have a pain in his arm from hitting ball. As others said his use of Shane Bennett was incredible negative and nobody sets up their forwards that negatively any more for good reason.

I do think his man management with Waterford was probably the main reason for his success.

He gave ye hope

That’s what hurt the most. We were better off the way we were.

8 Likes

I thought the rest of the article was insightful.

It was, which makes it even more frustrating.

He’d offer something if he wasn’t trying to push his own agenda on every single media.

I dunno, I’d prefer Mayo’s lot than our own.