Munster GAA Round Robin 2022

15 years ago it’s not even yellow ffs. He conveniently cut out Mahers sly look up for the ref too.

1 Like

If Gillane had connected with it at the pace he was pulling, he’d have hit it 50 yards down the pitch the wrong way. That’s the sort of thing you see at the start of the second half of an U7 match when they forgot they’ve changed ends at half time and start playing down the pitch the wrong way.

6 Likes

One handed swipe as well. And as @ChairmanDan points out, swinging away from his goal. He had zero intent of playing the ball there at all.

1 Like

What’s the punishment for a sly look to the ref?

5 Likes

How long will the round robin last do ye think? There was one game of consequence left in the Munster Championship even before today, Cork Waterford, and even that should have a clear winner

Sport?

In fairness to Gillane he pulled out of it, he even bent his wrist at the end. Your man barely got a touch.

1 Like

Colm Bonnar says a red for Gillane would have been harsh.

Davy Fitzgerald says it was a yellow.

Jackie Tyrell says it was a yellow.

Anthony Daly says it was a yellow.

Buff Egan says it was a red and poses the question as to whether JP has all the refs bought off. He must have Daly, Tyrell, Davy and the Tipp manager bought off too. Some going.

4 Likes

So basically an utter misfortune like Buff shares the same opinion as the self proclaimed resident TFK hurling experts? Interesting.

Buff is not to be touched

A little tradition of mine is to read the Limerick v Whoever match thread back with a powerful glass of whiskey during the Sunday Game football coverage.

Having been to the game I don’t bother with the phone at all, you could say I don’t rely on the opinion of others to form my own. Like a lot of fellas.

And I always get a little kick out of the reaction the same lads have to our wonderful, all-conquering team of All-Stars. Sniggering away through Colm Cooper, Colm O’Rourke and Sean Cavanagh boring the hole off the country at lads losing their minds over how good Gillane, Hego, Finn, Hayes, Deccie, WOD, DOD, Byrnesie, Sham Flan, Mikie, Nasher, A Boy Nickie, Dan, King Con, Mul, Tom and the list goes on, are.

8 Likes

If Quaid hadn’t made that save Tipps lead was stretched a nice bit with not too long to go and they’d have had some momentum. You had the sense all through that Limerick would shake themselves and haul the game back but it could certainly have been closer.

1 Like

The begrudging of Gillane is sickening. The man pulled, dragged pulled on for 70 minutes in each match yet any tackle he makes is an automatic red. Top scorer uear in and out with a large amount from play.

Some of those nicknames are shite you’d hear out of Canning or Marty ffs. “The man they call Nasher arrows one sweetly over the H with diligent accuracy”.

King CON is going to stick

1 Like

Lads, all jokes aside who’s me man?

2 Likes

I never bother hanging around for any of that television analysis. It tends to be very bland. Presumably there an in-depth discussion from Davy, Jackie and Dalo as to where the Gillane pull fitted in on the spectrum of Rule 5 ‘Aggressive Fouls’.

There isn’t much a lot of discretion there though even on a most benign interpretation if you treat it as just a Rule 5.17 Category III infraction. What did the lads have to say about that?

What year was he top scorer?

I usually wouldn’t slate refs as their job is hard enough but there were some very clear calls today that were bizarrely missed. Finn was trotting along the sideline at one stage and got a late hit as he flicked it over someone, nothing was called. Gillane got mauled multiple times (same against Waterford) and it was ignored.