Munster GAA Round Robin 2022

They did. The first time Kilkenny came up against a half decent side in the form of a just coming of age Tipperary they nearly buckled

At a guess I would say at least 10 of the 09 team were still there in 2011. Your generational hurlers Shefflin, Delaney, Walsh were there.
Pretty sure 5 of the forwards who started in 2009, were still there in 2011.
Cody seemed to add one or two every year, when you think Michael Fennelly and TJ Reid were well into their 20’s before they were starters tells you all you need to know about the strength of that team.

Maybe you’re right. I had for some reason believed there was a bit more of a turnover than that and would have always considered the 2 sides as distinct from each other. Few good KK people I’ve spoken to would have referred to them in seperate terms also.

5 new players is still a decent turnover all the same though, 1/3 of the side. You could argue this Limerick side hasn’t evolved much personnel wise since 2018…

1 Like

Great post

In an odd way Limerick need a very good cork side or kk side to merge to really be fully appreciated in the next few years.

You saw it with Dublin and mayo.

Even if Dublin come back win it this year with con and Fenton it’ll be far more fondly remembered that most of the 6 In a row all irelands.

1 Like

Ye’ve a good team mate, no doubt about it. People from other counties probably prefer to see their own teams winning though.

That’s all fiction, you’re pissed off because I don’t care enough to get bothered by your childish attempts at a rise :joy:
You’re annoyed that I post about hurling when it’s not life or death for me :man_shrugging: That’s mental

That’s lovely, but has nothing to do with my very valid point that you challenged, which is that if this Limerick side win the AI this year they would be on the cusp of eclipsing the Greatest team of all time, KK 2006-2009 :person_shrugging:

I’ve already responded to that point, they are nowhere near eclipsing them yet.

It’s fucking killing @thelimericks that they feel they aren’t getting due respect

Just the 1 All Ireland away from it.

Oh holy mary mother if jesus
Its like Christmas night here with lads bellies full of ale and the whiskey bottle opened and ready to go

2 Likes

Lot of emotion alright. A draw wasn’t a bad result for ye in Ennis but you can feel the mercury rising since

Winning 4 All Irelands in a row will eclipse a team that won 4 All Irelands in a row (6 in 7) :man_shrugging:t2:

Not on my house kid. As Ive said before, I never thought Id see one and Ive seen three now and Ive just realised if the win the u20s on Sunday Ill have witnessed all seven of their victories at that age grade (taking u21 into consideration) Woukd love to see 3 in a row but wont lose any sleep over it

“on the cusp of” is what I said. It was very clear in fairness.

If we win our 4th All Ireland in 5 years and 3 in a row (2022) we will be on the cusp of eclipsing the Greatest team of all time (Kilkenny 2006-2009)

But they won’t as the bulk of that Kilkenny team won 6 in 7 years.

How come not one of them is a household name.or face then, no dj or shefflington on this team

Flat track bullies in a poor era for a minority sport

Have you not a cycle lane or something else to be bothering yourself about?

4 Likes

You won’t sleep tonight

1 Like