Munster GAA Round Robin 2022

Limerick won the league in 2019 and fell short against kk who out worked them in the semi. Waterford who lost the final that year lost every round robin game. 2020 league was sked and the final was a munster qf in November due to covid. Its all about timing your run. Limerick were poor in the league 2021 and only kicked into gear in the second half of the munster final. KK were the same in their pomp, tipped at the league but never went gung ho

Cork won the league and AI the night they beat KK in the league semi in PUC

Tipp just didnā€™t bother with any of this nonsense.

1 Like

So far so good anyway

If you took Limerick out of it Iā€™d say there isnā€™t much between the 4 Munster teams. In fact I wouldnā€™t be shocked if tipp beat cork on Sunday.

Clare have been lucky to meet Limerick when they were already qualified and resting players. Waterford didnā€™t get such luck.

If the fixtures were reversed Iā€™d say you could reverse the results.

Itā€™s why I hate the new system so much.

If you canā€™t get into the three out of 5, youā€™ve no business going any further, one win out of four might qualify you this year. Two will for Cork.

1 Like

Lols tipp are 0/3 and can still qualify.

You can win an all Ireland losing 3 championship games which is a joke.

2 Likes

Its just awful stuff.

In 2019, Clare only beat Waterford by a point in Round 1, when Waterford were obviously competitive.

Cork met them in Round 4 when Waterford were done, so ran up a big score and knocked Clare out on score difference.

This coming weekend is such a cod its unreal where Waterford need to incentivize Tipp to compete, by not blowing Clare away early doors. :grinning:

in one sense you are right but Clare were undone by two complete no shows against Tipp and Limerick. They were still miles off Cork on scoring difference due to those defeats more so that Cork beating Waterford by 13

How did I miss that :see_no_evil:

Paul Murphy talks a lot of sense. I checked out the OTB podder for the first time this year and heā€™s a refreshing listen. Correctly noting Limerick are more sinned against than sinners but as winners thatā€™s the way it is. Laughs whole heartedly at the JP money jibes and all the other dirt being flung at Limerickā€¦and defends Hegarty. As the saying goes, game recognises game.

14 Likes

There has to be a gender quota. Same as your one Aisling Oā€™Reilly on OTB on her ā€œweekend picksā€.
Her pieces are generally quiet useless looking to compare Brian Cody to Alex Ferguson and the likes but that was decent.

OTB had one a while back titled fantasy team to take on Limerick with Eddie Brennan, or something like that. I guessed it was a ā€œrest of Ireland team to take on Limerickā€. The upload cut out after a few minutes on Spotify unfortunately so I didnā€™t get it. Anyone hear it?

Aisling is very easy on the eye in fairness. Which can come in handy.

2 Likes

Yea thats her trademark, a picture every 6 months in a Celtic jersey.

As regards picking the winners of Hurling matchesā€¦

They even played it at the Limerick - Galway league game lad. Blared it in fact.

Thatā€™s appalling.

I remember when it had to be an important match for it to be played.

A parade signifies an important match these days.

I do miss the pipe band playing the anthem (and The Minstrel Boy). These auld recordings cheapen the sense of occasion.

4 Likes

I suppose the Artane Band are all we have left.

Lads who can march around from 21 to 21 at a proper pace and not lose the rhythm of the tune.

The Sean Treacy Pipe Band were gone awful shook the last time I saw them.

Ah you canā€™t beat a pipe band imo. I presume weā€™ll have the full setup for the Munster Final.