Munster GAA Round Robin 2022

A bullish Cusack tips Cork to turn over Limerick.

Anthony Nash has a decent piece up on The42 which I found enjoyable.

1 Like
  1. Maher x 2, Callanan, Bubbles and Connors wonā€™t be available.

Iā€™d say that made you day

Limerick will bate Cork this weekend. Itā€™s only a question of how badly.

I believe Cork to be massively over rated, based on a lucky run against poor opposition to the all Ireland final last year, where they were demolished, and a decent league campaign in a league that meant absolutely nothing with teams being in varying states of interest. Itā€™s the same Cork team Limerick bate to death a few months ago. Theyā€™ve learned nothing. Coleman wonā€™t do at CB but if they move him now they are putting in someone who hasnā€™t played there at all.

Theyā€™ll have to throw it all out the window if Limerick give them a hiding at the weekend. I think they might struggle to get out of Munster.

Cork are 13/8 to not get out of Munster. Not a great price tbh, thought it would be better. Iā€™ll go for a small bet on Limerick, Waterford and Clare to be the three to get out @ 5/1 instead.

I similarly believe Wexford to be massively overrated based on the league. Iā€™d expect Galway to beat them with a bit to spare. Though I think Wexford should probably scrape out in third behind Galway and KK (who are also being massively over rated by the league). Dublin always good for a scalp, but canā€™t see them taking enough points

I think Limerick & Waterford are well clear of the rest and itā€™s possible Galway could close that gap quickly. Canā€™t see anything outside of those three at the minute. Canā€™t see anything outside of Limerick and Waterford really.

I expect Limerick will have to play Waterford 3 times this year if we are to win it

5 Likes

Every column from a Cork pundit tipping Cork is making the Limerick lads giddier

You have to admire the Cork lads optimism

Itā€™s all they got

Cork donā€™t do optimism. Cock suredness is ther default setting

Corkā€™s All Ire final on Sunday, Limerick easing themselves into it. This will be close. @TheLimericks might scrape through.

Tipp are in a lovely position in the other game. Waterfordā€™s fullback line is as ropey as hell.Goalie unproven. If Sheedy or Cahill were over Tipp theyā€™d win here. Bonnar has the motivational qualities of a traffic cone though. Expect to see a load of goals and Waterford to snake it.

Whenā€™s Leinster being played?

Prunty is an excellent full back.

Three Leinster games tomorrow.

Wexford v Galway at 4.30 (Sky)
Westmeath v Kilkenny.
Laois v Dublin.

Prunty has a couple of big mistakes in him every game.

Prunty is class. Id give my right testicle to have him at 3 for Cork.

1 Like

The missus is taking the crew to her mothers for the weekend tomorrow morning. Tis falling fucking lovely for me.

Iā€™ll have a pint for the City Liverpool match and roll into the hurling

7 Likes

I think Cork will win on Sunday,

But I donā€™t think theyā€™re ready for the challenge of Limerick later in the summer
One more year

2 Likes

My momma always told me thereā€™ll be days like this

1 Like

Itā€™ll be tight Sunday. Limerick with a stunted league and few injuries wonā€™t be quite up to full speed.

My Mrs has scheduled a dinner for 2:30 (cc @flattythehurdler) in Limerick tomorrow with all her family. Iā€™ll be doing well to get the second half of Liverpool game. I tried to warn her off a few weeks as it clashes with the eggball and her auld lad is a big Munster man. If any cunt orders a starter, Iā€™ll be seething (and not just because Iā€™m a tight Tipp cunt)

6 Likes

Do you think Kingston and The Rock are the pairing to bring home Liam? I think Cork will become the dominant force in about 3 years time when the current Limerick and Waterford teams start to decline. Those fantastic Cork U20ā€™s from last year will be fully developed at senior level by then. I think theyā€™ll win it under different management though. I still have doubts about Kingston because his team lost to Liam Dunneā€™s struggling Wexford in the 2016 qualifiers.

Carvery for the win

1 Like

Could be two very one sided games on Sunday.

Hard to see how Tipp and Limerick can close the gap in 6 weeks from the League matches.

Waterford by 10
Cork by 8