Munster GAA Round Robin 2022

if I am not mistaken, they have had some rotten luck with injuries a few seasons

New format is really going to test a squads depth and I’d presume it’ll stretch counties budgets too.

Counties with smaller squads will struggle Imo.

Architectural determinism. That shed is a very intimidating place to be as an away supporter.

is a smaller budget contributing to waterford injuries? serious question

really hard not to admire what Lohan has done with Clare, can he \they keep it going though?

I really hope they dont do up Ennis, let it be a bear pit for Cork and Tipp to go in 2023

2 Likes

Didnt get to see any sport on tv today, but just caught the Waterford Clare highlights. Thats a hugely disappointing performance from them. Season on the line against a team already qualified for the Munster final and they barely raise a gallop. For the hype on them to just collapse like that must be concerning.

At least Cork went out and performed. Many thought Tipp would do them but thats a decent win.

3 Likes

Add in that Davy is seething it must be great for Clare fans.

The year limerick let Tipp bate em to knock us out is the closest to drama. It hasn’t been good since year one really

When is the format up for review? An open draw and do away with the provincials or do away with the league and run the provincials instead

They are awful hoors for simulation. Saying that the Munster final in two weeks should be a serious game.

Got my eye in today stationed in block 108 of the Ardan stand.

Left the senior game at half time. Tipp are in a serious transition. Joe McDonagh for a year or two maybe is necessary.

Conor Lehane wasnt challenged. He was let hurl away. He had the freedom of Tom Semples field. Embarassing stuff.

You’d miss the glorious chaos of a Monday morning Qualifer Draw with Daz on Morning Ireland. cc @Cheasty

The CCCC then announcing the dates/venues/throw in times later in the afternoon.

Its so structured and sanitised now.

1 Like

It’s important for weaker counties like Tipp to get more games. While it’s not nice seeing a team getting destroyed every game, you’d hope it will stand to them down the road.

2 Likes

Have the feeling, no matter what format was in use this year, it wouldn’t have made much difference to ye

Not a jot. It might have shortened the misery for us.

3 Likes

Waterford’s season was on the line at home to Cork last Sunday in Walsh Park. They didn’t realise a gallop. They were done after last Sunday.

Cahill’s style of play places serious physical demands on players. Year 3 and players were falling like flies and breaking down with injury all year.

I’d wonder as well about his man management skills. I suspect that Stephen O’Keeffe would have played on if certain accommodations had been made. Noel Connors was axed Day 1 and retired at 30. They didn’t really upgrade on the options at corner back.

1 Like

But shur Limericks style of play demands the same.

1 Like

the noel connors axing looked a tad premature looking in from the outside

1 Like

But i suppose the point being that they had to die with their boots on but seeing the highlights and result, they put their slippers on and just gave up. Chances were slim after the loss to Cork, but to give them a chance they had to win. And they didnt do that

1 Like

What were the 4 changes about today? Seemed strange to make that many from the named team.

Think in 2018 they had:

• A pile of injuries
  • Four matches over four weekends in a row, including two on the trot up the dreaded N24
  • No home games
  • An absolute shafting “at home” against Tipp in Limerick, when Gleeson scored the o.g. that wasn’t

So in fairness they could justifiably feel very hard done by that year having been AI finalists the year before.

In 2019 they were just clane shite under Fanning.