Munster GAA Round Robin 2022

No, he was finished and hasnā€™t stood out for his club since.

1 Like

Was I wrong?

6 Likes

Dunno why Shane and Kieran Bennett werenā€™t given hardly any game time all year, Iā€™m baffled by it

1 Like

Was just looking through the tables over the years there and despite the round robin coinciding with a glorious era for Limerick hurling, we have never actually topped the round robin table. Clare finish a nose ahead of us this year on scoring difference.

I was thinking there was a falling out or something which might also explain the subsequent capitulation

1 Like

Seems that something has gone wrong but I havenā€™t heard, Iā€™m sure itā€™ll come out over the coming weeks/months if it has

I dont think Cahill ever forgave Shane for not committing in 2020.

For all the talk about Shane Bennett he has done nothing in any of the games he has been introduced in.

1 Like

Mullane said something on the radio today about the team being leaked before Cahill even told the squad what it was

Ennis was always a fortress, very hard place to go to get a result

Rumours of a dust up last night between two members of the original team who were axed on the day.

1 Like

Very hard place to go to even if there isnt a matƧh on.

10 Likes

Whatever that was about

Its like looking in the mirror from a Limerick perspective before they got their shit together. I fear ye have possibly lost another generation of potential given the demands of the current game

1 Like

Yeah? Surprised with that

https://www.rte.ie/sport/gaa/2022/0522/1300534-mullane-leaking-of-waterford-team-will-disappoint-liam/

Debatable.

Galway in 2ā€™17 & Limerick in 2ā€™21 arenā€™t really comparable either.
Galway were the prototype Burly team that could overpower opponents. ( think tipperary in League Final )

Limerick are a hardened Burly team but with far superior hurling ( hurlers ). In full flow only KK in 08/09 compare really as a dominant team.

Iā€™d agree ( easy say that beaten you say ).

Munster championship should be knockout hurling. Losers progress to Qualifier round back into All Ireland Semiā€™sā€¦

Open draw qualifiers bring supporters on a few tours and spreads the gospel etcā€¦

At the moment Munster is the 5 Counties baiting shite of each other 5 times to win a Munster Title? Shortening a season they say?

3 Likes

I donā€™t believe there was any agro as such in the Waterford camp up until possibly this last week. The team were jaded all year. They were still in a position going in against Cork last week where they advanced if they won. It was done when they lost to Cork. Cork werenā€™t going to slip up to one of the worst Tipperary teams of all time. Cahillā€™s very public bashing of the team, distancing and washing his hands on everything that had gone wrong is the very thing that loses dressing rooms.

Waterford investing so much effort in the league as well is a bit of a myth. They drew with Dublin, lost to Kilkenny, scrapped past Antrim by 2 points and just about fell into a league semi final ahead of Dublin on scoring difference. Waterford might have hammered Wexford in the semi final but that a lot more to do with Wexford ineptness/disinterest than any brilliance or big effort from Waterford.

Cahill threw them under a bus last year as well when they lost tamely enough to Clare in Munster quarter final. It was early enough in the season and the players were fresh enough to react.

5 Likes

In the old days youā€™d be gone with 2 losses. Making us take 4 is plain mean.

2 Likes