Munster GAA Round Robin 2022

Neither team will play possum either one would imagine based on Clare’s display yesterday.

Not in either manager’s style. It will be blood and thunder in true north Munster derby fashion. Lohan has them primed to kill.

I’d say the one thing Lohan is loving is how little talk there is about Clare outside the county. When we beat Tipp all the talk was of how poor Tipp were, when we beat Cork it was the same, where do Cork go from here. Last week after the draw with Limerick all the analysis was about Hegarty and I thought the snippets of the interviews with the managers on the Sunday Game that night summed it up, the bones of 2 minutes of Kiely and the about 5 seconds of Lohan saying it was a great contest.

Same thing yesterday evening on RTE Radio one, John Mullane talking in depth about Waterford’s collapse and Shane McGrath with a few token words about Clare. Switched on Newstalk after 6 and then spend the last 15 minutes of the show talking hurling. Again, 90% of the analysis was of Cork Tipp and where both teams go from here, interviews with the managers etc, then maybe 90 seconds on Waterford and how the season got away from them. Clare weren’t even mentioned and I’d say Lohan wouldn’t want it any other way.

2 Likes

It sounds silly but you’d wonder would Clare be better off in third position and avoid Limerick till they can knock them out.

Obviously a Munster title would be huge for Clare but it won’t take out Limerick and I’d be surprised if any team can beat Limerick twice.

Absolutely. They literally crushed any hope Waterford had in the first 15 mins yesterday

It’s a free shot at Limerick and a Munster. Lohan is building something and I doubt not winning an AI this year will derail it. He’ll go out and try win every game in front of him .

Anyone with a bit of smarts knows that they have a dangerous hang about them. Team spirit and complete unity under Lohan will make them very hard to beat.

Will some of that dark arts stand outside Ennis?

I don’t think so. From Clare’s perspective you can’t play Limerick enough if you want to beat them. Limerick play a very defined style and shape and I think the more we play against it the more likely we are to potentially come up with an answer for it.

18 months ago in Thurles and last January Limerick beat us by 13 and 9 points respectively yet both were closer to 20 point beatings on the balance of play given how we were bullied and how we couldn’t live with Limerick’s press and you would have been hard pushed to expect the gap to close any time soon watching those games.

But now Clare have had two good run outs against Limerick in league and championship and have held up against the physicality and stayed the distance both days. Clare will feel that they have the athleticism in the middle third to match up and compete. You would expect that Limerick will improve for having Gillane and O’Donovan in from the start and possibly Lynch or C’ON and on the face of it you would think that they are still 5 or 6 points the better side but the gap has closed considerably compared to what it was a few months back.

1 Like

Lohan is a very impressive manager. I’d a friend involved in the set up and he couldn’t speak highly enough of him. He’s a team there that is willing to die for him. They’re organised, fit, and have some top quality players.

I’ve said it all year they’d get out of Munster, but I’m genuinely surprised with how good they’ve been. Anything possible from here.

We thought we only had to turn up in 1995. Need to be very careful.

Same in 2013.

2013 was probably the worst day of my life. I cried going home that day.

The hype was too big that day for a team who hadn’t achieved much. Since then, ye know how to win and do it regularly. It won’t be complacency that costs Limerick silverware any time soon.

Limerick seem afraid.

The pms will be going out soon.

2 Likes

In fairness it was an incredible time. It hardly rained that summer. Some of my happiest memories.

We completely lost the plot but isn’t that what it is all about.

I’d still say the 2013 Munster final win triumphs pretty much anything bar the final in 2018 and the Munster final in 2019.

1 Like

“Clare are great”

“Lohan is some man”

“They’re purring”

They’re shitting it.

1 Like

Someone start a dedicated Munster final thread

We’ll show them the respect they deserve.

They had won a Munster final which was pretty huge, particularly given where we’d come from in the preceding years.