Munster GAA Round Robin 2022

Long may it last.

Puts Cahill and Beevans in a corner if they walk now their stock has fallen massively and his dream job in Tipp is further away than ever whereas someone like Cummins is surely next in line thereā€¦he has an option of another year in Waterford, unless he has completely lost the dressing room I reckon heā€™ll look to stay onā€¦this was also his first experience of the round robin and itā€™s evident he got the run in/timing all wrong

Heard their was trouble in Waterford camp before Cork game. Drinking ban broken i heard.

And you look at KK beating a few joe mcdonagh teams and they are into a LF and AI seriesā€¦.

3 Likes

Iā€™ve never seen Kingston as animated on the sideline as today, mate.

Are Cark back?

Tipp had a flying start. Missed a penalty and folded then.

If Cork and Wexford win quarter finals do Cork play Leinster and Wexford Munster?

drink bans should be a thing of the past

sure limerick had a bit of bother with drink after a match! drive on

1 Like

Connolly had no right to get that goal. Was brilliant in fairness.

Fitzgibbons goal should have been saved.

1 Like

Iā€™d expect Cork to have serious problems with that Leinster scrum.

Wexford might have a chance against Munster if they can take it to penalties.

If you were Waterford the best thing to do after losing to Cork is for the whole team to drink it out of a dirty boot.

jez mcnulty was turned over in possesion for 2 of the clare goals

On the bright side 2-22 would win most championship matchesā€¦Iā€™ll get my coat

10 Likes

Iā€™d have to agree this round robin stuff is a nonsense and makes the league meaningless

1 Like

Harry, you really need to get over 2017. Galway were far more gracious in defeat in that trilogy. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Leinster and Munster championships should be combined into 2 groups of 5. Leinster is becoming more of a joke with the demise of Dublin. Same 3 every year for the forseeable future.

1 Like

I didnā€™t knock Galway for 2017, mate.

They wouldnā€™t be in Limerick 2ā€™21 league though

Racking up 30 points and total scores over 35 in a championship game is because of financial doping not because other counties are shit. Blame limerick and JP all you want but Cork and Clare both hammered Tipp and Waterfod. Hammered. No more about it

If you were to take the finacial doping out of Munster you could be onto something here

Watching the match back this morning, those first 8 points in the first 8 minutes were all fantastic scores and the game was all but over at that point. There is a great sharpness to our hurling all through this campaign.

I said back around late February that I felt our margin for error was pretty small given that we lost David Mc and David Reidy the first day out in the league v Cork, Kelly, Conlon, David Fitz all missed the winter and a good chunk of the spring due to ops, Rodgers and Aidan McCarthy were gone for Munster, Diarmuid Ryan missed the end of the league well with a fractured vertebrae and both Shanagher and Ian Galvin only made one league appearance due to injury.

In February, the word on both Oā€™donnell and Duggan wasnā€™t great, there was no real idea whether Oā€™Donnell would return while Duggan didnā€™t look the same player for Clooney/Quin in last years club championship and also had an op over the winter meaning he was a good bit behind when he needed game time. Given the short run in to championship it was hard to see how we could get all those lads back and firing given the short run in to championship.

Yet Lohan never once made any excuse about injuries and has them purring, David Mcinerney in the first half yesterday was utterly imperious, everything stuck and he swept up an amount of ball, turned lads over in the tackle and put two over the bar from inside his own 40. He hasnā€™t played as consistently well since 2013.

I thought that Duggan and Oā€™Donnell would be rendered impact subs given the time missed yet both seem to be getting sharper by the game. We needed to develop an extra dimension to our attacking play and their return to form along with David Fitz delivering has given us that.

I think the biggest illustration of Lohanā€™s man management ability is being able to get six really consistent performances from David Fitzgerald. Iā€™m delighted for both considering that Fitz hardly saw gametime in last years Championship and had always been an enigma who has a bucket load of the traits you would want for a modern day I/C half forward.

Great to see him come good, he was very good today again. The first goal along with two points he set up in the second half with great vision and lovely snappy balls that in times gone by he would have either taken the low percentage shot on or put the head down and carried the ball and lost it.

Fair play to him, hopefully he keeps building on it.

We would have taken 3rd place 6 weeks ago but we have built great momentum. Limerick are still the team to beat and are justifiable heavy favourites for the Munster final and they are probably a step too far for this team but they will need t bring a big performance to put us away I feel. I think we are as good as anything left in the championship outside of Limerick and if we keep up the form we are at over the four games I think we have a great chance of getting to Croke Park and winning an A/I semi.

8 Likes

Clare have serious momentum. And while Limerick are favourites thereā€™s still a number of them searching for form. The two Morrisseys, Flanagan, Hayesā€¦ Lynch remains out.

Itā€™s gonna be a cracking occasion.

1 Like