Munster GAA Round Robin 2022

Starting to make the great KK team look like overachievers.

Homage to Brian Corcoran

Munster council just announced that the cork-chipp game will consist of two 5 minutes halves

Lads just a reminder someone mentioned Downey on the same level as Byrnes.

5 Likes

Cark need to get BAYHSTINGS in there.

1 Like

The best thing about that from a Limerick pov is there’s plenty to work on as well.

2 Likes

Donal Og would do fuck all. He was a disaster down in Clare. Another spoofer like Derek McGrath. This possession game with no direction is something he is a huge advocate of. Cork simply are trying to change the rules of the game. Hurling was always about instinct, combat, winning your own ball, winning a shoulder. They can do none of those things because I dont think they have been coached to do those things. Certainly not on the basis of what I have seen today. You have to be able to trust your half forwards to win a ball for you at some stage in a munster hurling championship game. No bit of cut in them at all.

25 Likes

It was a very rough performance hurling wise, the system worked perfectly though.

Hego Ciano and Kyler

1 Like

If they can hockey Waterford next Saturday they should just give us the cup and let the whole country get on with the club hurling.

Limerick look a jaded team today.

Cork would be as well off strip it back to the bolts and just go out and hurl what’s in front of them for the next three games. They have been neither hither or tither the last two days

1 Like

Yeah. We’re tired of winning at this stage.

3 Likes

Tis easy for ye in fairness ye have been the standard bearers for 5 years.

I got to the ground at 1.15 and all of the dry seats in the stand were gone so I went up to the back of the stand and got a grand perch to stand up and watch the match. Sure enough 2 minutes after the game started this steaming drunk Tipp gentleman arrives in and tries to muscle his way in beside me. I didn’t budge and the gentleman on the other side being of weaker mettle moved down to accommodate him. I turned sideways to him so I wouldn’t have to talk to the cunt and the lad on the other side got the full brunt of his questions. What was that? A free. Why? A foul on Patrick Curran. What was the nature of the offence?

He had four stock phrases.

Hon the Premier
Knocknagow
That’s hurling for ye, and
Face the puck out.

I knew his bladder wouldn’t hold out and the jacks beckoned him at half time and I was fairly confident he wouldn’t find his way back. He didn’t.

33 Likes

KK must be wondering tonight is it time to go. Cork will struggle to come outta Munster

Nothing easy about it. They brought the work rate today. The tackling was much better than in the league. Our shooting wasn’t great. Be good to have Flanagan back in there.

1 Like

Sounds like you met @Brimmer_Bradley

1 Like

Not sure he’ll leave mid season.

He’s not at the races in terms of tactics or any semblance of a game plan.

If I was in charge of Cark, I would scour the county for a few lads with the size, pace and aggression to negate to an extent the Limerick playmakers, and go from there.
Preferably slightly unhinged.

1 Like