Munster GAA Round Robin 2022

We gave them a 5 point head start and still bate the cunts. Hon Limerick

2 Likes

Thereā€™s notā€¦that club championship is the softest pile of shite Iā€™ve ever seen

1 Like

Cork need four more Seamus Harnedys.

1 Like

Carkies will tell you they need more tim o Mahoneys. Didnt see any in PUC today

Cork would actually be better off if they didnā€™t make it out of Munster this year.

2 Likes

The gap between Limerick and the rest if anything looks to have widened.

1 Like

Agreed, big reset needed. Management are going anyway.

Need to put Joyce to 6 and give Coleman a role a bit like Tony Kelly has for Clare around the middle.

Harnedy at 14 would let them play a bit more direct, Mahony to 11. Jack Oā€™Conner is out of sorts, could be worth trying Fitzgibbon inside as he is struggling to break tackles out the field. Him and Coleman are just being ground down at the minute.

He was there alright. He was in Longboats pre throw-in

I looked up and down the terrace for you, you prick.

He stayed on for a few pints more

I was looking for 3 ultras pissing on the cork flares

I was surprised to be given the green light to go to this. Assumed it was a trap. Still not fully convinced. But I digress.

Cork have many many problems. A lot of them have been mentioned. Cowardly, soft, afraid of contact. By their showing today their coaching seems to be non-existent.
Iā€™d also say that I think that Limerick are in their heads. Terrified of their physicality. You could see by how often they were going backwards. The team to beat Limerick will have to do everything that Cork didnā€™t. Be brave, match Limericks physicality. Much like when Cork in 2004 and Tipperary in 2009/2010 didnā€™t take a backward step against that Kilkenny team. Match the physicality and then move on to out hurling them.

Thereā€™s certainly a huge problem with Corks puck outs.
Multiple times todayā€¦

• Keeper has ball to take puck out.
  • No Cork players make runs.
  • Keeper plays it short to defender.
  • Defender sees Limerick man closing in.
  • Plays ball back to keeper.
  • No Cork players make runs.
  • Keeper bombs it long.
  • Limerick defenders gamble to get their first.
  • Limerick defender gets possession.

Cork need a complete overhaul of their attacking strategy. Connolly came on and did something absolutely remarkable. He made a few runs!

Lehane and Horgan need to be gone. They need to get younger and tougher and faster. A static forward line wonā€™t win you anything these days. Lehane is exactly who we thought he was. There was no career renaissance. Heā€™s the same windy flaky lad he always was. Horgan has been a wonderful servant, but itā€™s time for Cork to fully move on to the youth they have coming through.

If the All Ireland winner comes from outside of Limerick and Waterford Iā€™d be completely shocked.

15 Likes

Iā€™m just after watching the match back. Iā€™m fit to cry.

An embarrassing display, with Limerick once again showing Cork up for all their shortcomings.

I was hopeful going up that there would be a change, just even a plan for this game. Absolutely nothing has been learned from the final which is just pathetic. When I heard that Conor Cahalane was starting I knew we were fucked.

Iā€™d love to see our record for puck outs today. Iā€™d say we won about 3 that went beyond our own 45. Yes we know that Limerickā€™s backs are brilliant in the air, very physical etc. The plan of trying to go short, turn around, and then lump a hopeful one down was shocking.

Our forwards didnā€™t want to know about a turnover, or a tackle. Time and time again the Limerick defenders made it look so easy in working the ball out while Cork were made to sweat every time we brought tbe ball out of defence.

The movementup front was also septic. Hoggy and Kingston were always fairly stationary when a Cork defender was coming out with the ball. Of course, the plan was never to use direct ball anyway and just run, run, run through the middle.

Coleman needs to be moved from 6 now. Put him at midfield or roaming centre forward. Joyce has to man the defence. Hopefully Daire Oā€™Leary will be fit the next day to go in at 3.

The worst thing that could happen us is we stay playing this pathetic shit and beat Clare, which could very well happen.

9 Likes

In fairness, I think it was only a few wind up merchants that were talking up Cork and Lehane. Everyone else knew what was what.

1 Like

Apart from Kingston

1 Like

I know of a Cork man who did think it here last night if I remember, who was it @Bod95?

1 Like

Im not taking the piss here Neil but it was actually worse than last August. The only reason the gap wasnā€™t wider is that Limerick completely took their foot off the pedal for the last 20. Even the Cork faithful in the terrace today as the bsll went from side to side and back to Collins again. It was like cup finsl. I didnā€™t know wheter Kieran Kingston or Stephen Kenny managing them

2 Likes

Iā€™d lay most of the blame at his door really. Puck outs is coaching, players making the right runs is coaching. Still making all the same selections and trying nothing to fix the obvious problems that basic hurlers on the ditch like me could see mile away last year. In all fairness none of that is Conor lehaneā€™s nor Horganā€™s fault.

2 Likes

That Nicky Quaid save has wrapped up the All-star for Eoin Murphy.

2 Likes

Limerick in 2nd gear are a site to behold.

1 Like