Munster GAA Round Robin 2022

It’s all on Kingston’s door. What have they learned sonce the AI final of last year?

Once again we had Coleman kind of doing a half marking half dropping deep job on Cian Lynch.

1 Like

Same type of thing in the league final, some weird form of possession hurling.

I wonder will they go?

Id say the Cork public wouldn’t mind the few trimmings that would come with a new young team.

Not much contrition from Kingston there. Didnt really address any of the issues there.

1 Like

Cork missed three handy goal chances and gifted Limerick two goals.

I don’t think the gap is as big people make out.

The thing that was difficult to stomach for cork was they made the same mistakes as last year and the players seemed to pack it in with ten to go.

The gap could close very quickly just seems it’s highly unlikely under their current management.

2 Likes

We wouldn’t. Perhaps the most worrying thing for me is are we going to fuck away the gold mine of talent that we have coming through due to bad coaching?

1 Like

I like the cut of Robbie O’Flynn, he probably doesn’t get much credit but he has improved an awful lot since 2018 and is a solid player compared to some of his more vaunted colleagues. Shame he is surrounded by a handful of similar style hurlers.

1 Like

If he can add the ability to face his own puck out, he’d be a top player.

Hegarty took one there at his ease first half, settled the whole team. Hurling has changed a lot but thats still a huge thing.

1 Like

Limerick were only in 2/3 gear kid.

3 Likes

Agreed, Morrisey and Gillane missed 3 gettable ones by their standards in the first 5 minutes, the gaps were always there.

1 Like

I don’t ever really buy that. Plenty of lads were outstanding and some players were poor.

In fairness to Cork, they arent bereft of talent and will always have their moments. Theres 4 or 5 stand out hurlers there when circumstances are favourable. Its just their management seem to have no idea how to put together a structure so that their best players can thrive so youre left with ad hoc bits of individual flair.

A lot of their best players dont seem to be compatible at the minute.

2 Likes

O’Brien’s save is probably as good as Quaid’s

It was a lovely height for Quaid but the reflexes are something else. Cork still haven’t learned the hard and low tactic.

Quaid’s save was a decent save but it was a nice height and speed and the right side for him. Great reactions in fairness to him but you would expect a keeper of that calibre to make

1 Like

I was saying this to my bro in law today before the game, cork should get Davy Fitz in and bleed all these u20 lads from last year and write off the next year or two, there isn’t really many other options at this stage

1 Like

I wonder is that in train now even.

Are you joking?

1 Like

Nope!!

Cork today reminded me a bit of Clare under Davy in 2015 and 2016. A team slaves to their style of play and a talented team from 8 to 15 on paper with no balance or workrate without the ball and the backs hung out to dry due to system failures up the field

8 Likes

Doubt it, cork don’t look too far outside the inner circle

I had the same conversation with the brother. Davy has a great record with young players.

2 Likes