Munster GAA Round Robin 2022

Tipp were beaten before a ball was pucked. 60 + cones laid out for a fairly mediocre warm up and Colm Bonner spending more time watching the primary game camogie players getting their team photos taken rather what was going on in front of him. Bizarre carry on.

Tipp were very one paced with and without the ball and never really got to the pitch of it. Despite two goals in the third quarter they never really looked like mounting a comeback.

Clare were very similar to how they performed against Waterford first day out last year. Backs tigerish and won their battles and forwards working hard without the ball. Lohan’s imprint all over them as they tore into Tipp.

Thought we let Tipps half backline get a bit too much of a foothold second half but they could do little with it even with Quilligan and James Owens doing their best to give them life lines.

Hayes and the half backline were excellent, probably David Mc’s best game for Clare since 2018. Taylor got through a lot of work while Mounsey had some eye catching moments and took two lovely scores and worked hard up against Barrett. The game should bring the likes of O’Donnell, Duggan et al on a tonne and I think there is a bit of scope for improvement, but we will badly need Rodgers, Meehan and Shanagher back in the coming weeks as our bench was fairly threadbare. Meehan must have got injured in the warm up as he looked in fine fettle warming up 20 minutes before throw in.

They need to go and beat Cork next week now. I have no doubt Lohan will have them to the pitch of it, what kind of a reaction will we see from Cork.

4 Likes

The format from 2002-17 wasn’t too bad. Most counties ended up with a minimum of 3 championship matches.

2 Likes

I said it all along, Clare will be in the three, Cork and Tipp won’t

Cork will murder Clare

2 Likes

You also said they’d beat Limerick

3 Likes

They will in their arse

Errah he also said Laois would beat Kilkenny and Westmeath would beat Galway

1 Like

Can’t be right all the time,
Cork will beat Clare with a bit to spare

David Mc’s point was sensational, what a lovely day

1 Like

Ye’ve s bit of work to do yereselves kid. Still in yere own hands but can’t afford anymore slip ups

1 Like

We’ll beat Cork but Clare in Ennis won’t be easy. 6 points should qualify

I bet you a buffalo nickel that if Limerick beat Tipp next weekend, they’ll send in the footballers against Clare the following game. If Cork beat Clare next weekend, they’ll have something to aim for

I think Cork, Clare and Waterford could all end up on 4 points yet.

I don’t fancy Waterford in Ennis.

The only team Cork could possibly beat is Tipp

You’ll be talking yourself into a charity bet if you’re not careful,

And nobody wants that

Youre down then on head to heads and points difference. Its a fucking bear pit now.
Thats why the result was so important from both a Limerick and Waterford perspective last night.
Say what you want but Waterford had a huge chance last night. Limerick down four players 3 of which would probably start in any team in the country. They went for it and couldn’t finish it off.
Don’t anyone tell me that if the shoe was on the other foot snd Waterford were down the likes of Prunty, de Burca, Gleeson and Hutchinson that Limerick wouldn’t have won that game by ten plus.
Yet we hear from all the meeja how Waterford brought Limerick all the way last night. Like I said, its still in their own hands and they are most definitely the favourites to come through. They will improve but Cork wont be as bad again and Clare will take great heart from today.
But Waterford have been dragged back into the bear pit now and based on last night it wont be easy for them to come out of it

1 Like

Any talk of a “big two” is fairly embarrassing. There’s a big one and the rest. Waterford are the best placed team to take Limerick down but putting them on a pedestal next to Limerick is laughable.

Talk of a “trilogy” this year is also so premature. Limerick were at keast 8 points the better team last night.

3 Likes

Waterford are Limerick without the players.
If Byrnes had been in white last night they might have won,

1 Like

The other point being that Waterford, Clare and Cork will knock lumps out of each other over the next couple of weeks. Leinster is done and dusted. They’ll be fresher. After a bruising battle in Munster, togging out against Kilkenny or Galway wont be the most inviting

I’m after a few scoops and I read that as the Hall of Farmers in 2019, not totally inaccurate however😀