Munster GAA Round Robin 2022

Sheedy had more of an impact on that result than Davy

Waterford are aiming at the business end. Clare are aiming to qualify.

This is a legacy of Sheedy going balls out with the hall of famers in 2019.

5 Likes

I think they’re way better organised than Clare, way more developed in their structure and style of play.

1 Like

I thought Morgan & Barrett were good for Tipp. Seamus Kennedy did a good job on Kelly.

Ronan Maher was very poor. Barry Heffernan isn’t a midfielder in my eyes. Jason Forde is just too easily marked. Dan McCormack was surprisingly anonymous. John McGrath was going very badly before he had to go off. Same with Quigley, he was being destroyed tbh.

I thought Noel McGrath was decent; Mark Kehoe must be very frustrating for Tipp fans because he does a lot of things right, then something stupid. He probably should have had at least one goal today, but from chances he created himself.

For Clare, they’d have to be delighted with the returns of Duggan & SOD. I didn’t think Duggan would be that effective tbh. Now, they won’t get as much space against Limerick or Waterford but still, a nice return. To win that comfortably without Kelly really doing a whole pile is good. Also Cathal Malone, I didn’t think was that prominent and he’s usually Clare’s best player.

Conlon was solid at the back (but again, how many more teams will just land the ball down on top of him?) and Rory Hayes is a fine corner-back. I like Ryan Taylor too, he’s lively.

2 Likes

Correct, they’d be in decent shape today if they commenced the neccessery reboot 3 years ago

The man after Bonner will be rightly set up.

Malone has been struggling to find form, but that should bring him on a nice bit

On Kehoe, he lacks a left side or at least the confidence to strike off it. He’d a couple of chances today to score off it but turned in and lost the ball

1 Like

As expected, it looks like the Big 3 in Munster - Limerick, Waterford and Clare - will advance to the business end of the season.

3 Likes

At least the Leinster Championship will be competitive

Hard not to think that the Munster Final between Limerick and Waterford will be a bit of a slow bicycle race

There will be about 300 people at Tipp Cork in the final round

2 Likes

Hopefully both are winless going into it and it finishes this abomination of a format.

Standard attendance for weaker counties.

Whats the alternative mate? Cant go back to straight knockout.

Listened to this on Tipp FM with thanks to Sparrow Insurance with branches in Nenagh and Thurles on the way back up the M9/M7/N7/M50. Stephen on commentary with Mick Ryan doing the co commentary. Lots of oh Jesus from Mick in the background. Notable that I don’t think I heard mention of Jason Forde, Dan McCormack and a few others in play.

Craig Morgan was the Fiserv man of the match presented by Brian Fogarty of Fiserv. Fiserv have lots of career opportunities.

10 Likes

The format last year was absolutely grand.

3 Likes

:eyes:

Yeah if twas twas the same format this year as last, ye’ d be put out of yere misery quicker

1 Like