Munster GAA Round Robin 2022

If Tipp lose to Cork by 15 points thereā€™ll be mob burnings, I feel theyā€™ll fight like fuck in that game but ultimately Cork will win by 6 or 7.

Next weekend will be fire and blood between Clare and Cork.

There would not be much trouble in Tipp. They are resigned to it.

Sheedy was 100% vindicated to use the hall of famers in 2019.

Maybe in those two tinpot championships in 2020 and 2021 he could have thrown in a few young lads but it wouldnt have changed the outlook.

I know Sheedy isnt everyones cup of tea and he has done plenty to infuriate many in Tipp over the years, but he is a good judge of a player and a smart man and if he thought any of these young lads were good enough, theyd have been in in 2020 or 2021.

Liam Cahill who coached them underage didnā€™t have much faith in them when he turned down the Tipp job last autumn.

The bottom line is they arent up to it. They dont stand out for their clubs even. Look at the Tipp Club Championship and youā€™ll see who the main men are - all 26+ year olds.

Kilruane are the only club operating at a really high level where the core of the team is young.

An interesting dynamic from last year was when Cashel faced Templederry in the Seamus Oā€™Riann semi finalā€¦ Cashel had about 4 of Tippā€™s best young players on show Browne x2, Eoghan Connolly, Devon Ryan, Conor Oā€™Dwyerā€¦ Templederry were built around a load of 30 somethings who were playing for Tipp in 2012ā€¦ Templederry won by about 20 points. It just shows the gap in standard.

Moycarkey with their dream team that won all before them underage and yet nobody really expects anything from them at Senior.

There isnt a 21 year old on the Tipp senior panel this year and youll be hard pressed to find anyone from 18-22 where there are genuine expectations of unearthing a potential superstar in the next 3 years.

7 Likes

I wouldnt dispute that and I suspect the u20 wins were against weak competition when it comes to it (I think theres been a few week underage comps recently), but surely say Robert Byrne and Paddy Cadell should be starting for this Tipp team?

Also why are certain lads not committing? Bonnar?

Nope. Neither should be starting.

@peddlerscross has nailed it above

Hard to know really.

Bryan O Mara, CiarĆ”n Connolly and Niall Oā€™Meara all travelling. Not sure is Andrew Ormond in same boat.
Jerome Cahill not playing on religious grounds as far as I know.

The players above would improve the panel for sure, but not sure by how much really. Oā€™Mara for me would be a starter. Cahill and/or Connolly could be option (s) for our much maligned midfield.

Those underage winning teams were workmanlike.

Clare will beat Cork by 4-5 points. This particular group of Cork hurlers are mentally goosed.

Thereā€™s a scenario (a very unlikely one) that a team on 2 points comes out of Munster. For this to happen, Waterford and Limerick win their remaining matches, Cork beat Clare and Tipp beat Cork. Will come to scoring difference then. At the moment, I reckon Tipp would have trouble beating Louth.

Plus, they know the current management team will not be there next year.

1 Like

Has anyone told him that Christ rose from the tomb about a week ago?

1 Like

A Quaker?

Jehovahā€™s

They should go knocking on his door

14 Likes

Look. Iā€™d had a lovely supper, and all I said to my wife was, ā€˜That piece of halibut was good enough for Jehovah.ā€™

1 Like

Do you honestly think the team would be in the same place is Cahill had gotten the job instead of sheedy the last time round?

Itā€™s happening across all counties. More and more young lads are not prepared to sacrifice their twenties at the altar of inter county.

2 Likes

Who could blame them.

4 Likes

I think if Cahill took over in 2019 and got rid of the Hall of Famers, thereā€™s a fair chance Tipp wouldnā€™t have won a game in 2019 or 2020 and Cahill would have been another of these managers who could do it underage but couldnā€™t cut it at senior. Thereā€™s just too much emphasis played on the 2018 Under 21 win which was a bit of a fluke and the 2019 Under 20 win, which was just one of the weakest underage competitions ever.

The whole thing is a mess now anyway. Another couple of hammerings on the way this year and itā€™ll be interesting to see who even wants to commit for next year.

Thereā€™s a few guys in their late 20ā€™s who have AI Medals whose hearts donā€™t seem to be in it anymore or at least werenā€™t in it yesterday anyway.

1 Like

Weā€™d be better than we are now but we wouldnā€™t have won an All Ireland in 19.

Bonnar is not a good manager

Tipp were so unbelievably short of athleticism bar Browne and Barrett yesterday. John McGrath looked like his boots were made of concrete before the injury, Iā€™m not sure why Forde was out there at all