Munster GAA Round Robin 2022

And mannion.

Niland scored a monster point from play and offered more pace, Canning going off strengthened the Galwegians as all he was good for at that stage was dead balls.

He had a falling out with Bonnar over religion? By God they have a strong faith down in Tipp. Why doesnā€™t Brian McGrath get more of a look in? Seems like a warrior whoā€™d raise his game to meet the occasion.

When you say religious grounds, its hardly a Sunday thing is it? Shur if thats the case heā€™d hardly ever play

1 Like

This is what Iā€™ve been told from a few Kilruane heads. His family didnā€™t want him playing at all.

Sheedy had him in in 2019 sure, he scored a point off bench in All Ireland Semi. I was excited about and Ger Browne for the future after that day. He opted out in 2020 officially because he was concentrating on his accountancy exams or something like that.

Hasnā€™t been on panel since 2019 (was only 20 then).

Lads talk about Sheedy not bringing in young players. 2019, he had Cahill, Ger Browne (21), Mark Kehoe (21), Jake Morris (admittedly handed his debut by Mick Ryan) all play championship hurling that year. It wasnā€™t his fault Browne fell out with his club and Cahill decided not to play senior hurling. He brought in 21 year old Bryan O Mara and had him starting in league last year until he got injured for season.

Iā€™d imagine he will get a start v Limerick. Maybe full back if Quigley out (if Quigley is the answer, I never want to find out what the question is). Heā€™s slow. He might be the slowest of the McGraths and thatā€™s saying something.

The team Redser Oā€™ Grady captained circa 2006 wasnā€™t up to much. Lost to Limerick and Wexford under Babs then in 2007. The Enfer jerseys at the time were iconic though.

Iconic is a word that is getting overused a lot these days but the 2007 Tipp v Limerick trilogy was truly iconic.

Heā€™s as slow as a wet week in Tramore.

1 Like

Spot on.

Great days ā€¦ Was at the 1st and 3rd game. Had to settle for a bar seat in Bruff for the second and witnessing and a 10 point come back in the second halfā€¦ Richie telling Babs that Limerick and Tipperary have a healthy rivalry and long may it continue.

2 Likes

McGrath gave away a penalty within a couple of minutes of coming on the last day; a fair stupid one too.

He can hurl but he lacks any sort of pace. A good team would expose that lack of pace in the full-back line. You might get away with it more at half-back but, even there, teams try to target fellas & get them turned.

That Tipperary team had great strength in depth though. Babs had the luxury of leaving out Brendan Cummins and Eoin Kelly on occasion.

3 Likes

Fixed.

1 Like

He gave it away in about 30 seconds after coming on. He ran on all pumped up and hopped off Duggan as soon as he got in full back which continued as the free was taken and landed down on top of them.

He continued at it for the next couple of minutes as well until the next ball came in and Duggan muscled him and fired it over the bar. He was giving away 4 inches and a good bit of bulk, it was madness from him.

And Tipp with two lads with A/I medals who have played full back on the field yet Bonner fucked in the green horns

1 Like

I think its something to do with not being able to train Tuesdayā€™s which ended his Inter County Career.

Hes some player for Kilruane. They were the unluckiest team in Tipp last year. Won the group of death and outhurled Loughmore but just gave away 4 goals in the first half.

2 Likes

I spent a wet week behind in Ballybunion, by God that was slow.

This can literally go any way. From a Limerick perspective, if they beat Tipp on Sunday, they are qualified, more than likely in a Munster final. Cork are right back in the mix but they must win against Clare on Sunday. That could also leave them affording to lose to Waterford but would have to rack up a big score against Tipp.
I think if Limerick beat Tipp, Clare will turn them over in Ennis.
That would leave Waterford going to Ennis also needing something out of it.
Waterford and Clare still in the driving seat for 2nd and third. Clare with a chance of topping the group on 8 or 6 points.
I donā€™t think Waterford will be too disgruntled of they dont make a Munster final. They may yet regret though not racking up a bigger score against Tipp.
Cork in a similar position where the 11 point defeat to Limerick could be a fatal blow.

@TreatyStones

5 Likes