Munster GAA Round Robin 2022

Yeah, in 2019, against Tipp in the dead rubber; he rested Hannon, Lynch, Hego & Mul and brought in Dan, DOD, Dowling & Peter Casey.

They hadn’t been playing in the previous game but were all seeing regular gametime.

You’d be surprised if he did wholesale changes. Fellas who have been coming on plus Richie English plus maybe those returning from injury could see gametime.

Exactly

Joe Canning Vs Dublin last year :flushed::grimacing:

I’m hoping we may have a full deck to play from. I doubt Whelan will be ready for a good few weeks.
I wonder if the training loads necessary to compete at senior IC, combined with the bulk, and the fact these lads have to work and have sketchy enough rehab is leading to an increase in injury of the exercise rather than the collision type.

I don’t understand why more players don’t go for it.

If you can place it away from the keeper, you’ve a great chance.

In fairness, the Waterford lad put it on a postage stamp.
I agree though. You also don’t have to worry about that stupid Nash rule with the penalty, which really should be changed so it’s the back foot rather than the ball that has to be on the line.

Galway would surely have won the semi final of the 2020 Winter Blitz Challenge if it wasn’t for that sickening injury to Joe. They were level going into injury time at the end of the 70 minutes but the loss of Galway’s greatest ever player was just too much to overcome.

1 Like

Are you saying there might be a problem inside the papier mache heads??

2 Likes

Is it a mental weakness that Galway collapse when their marquee player goes off? They fell apart v Wexford when Whelan went off.

1 Like

One of many

Do you remember the time Conor Gleeson broke Joes arm in Thurles and it healed up completely over the half time break.

12 Likes

The miracle man, hego chopped him in half one time and he grew a new arse

5 Likes

Miracles like that make JC the G.O.A.T.

Thats a bit like saying Limerick would have won in 94 if twas a 60 minute game.

3 Likes

Or like saying that Limerick would have won the 1996 final if Gary Kirby hadn’t got a knock on the finger.

1 Like

Correct. So why are you talking shite?

1 Like

I’m just making the point (from an objective standpoint) that the loss of Joe Canning through injury in a game that was so delicately balanced and level going into injury time was a devastating blow to Galway in the 2020 semi final and way well have cost Galway a game they were going to win.

That obviously doesn’t fit with your Limerick narrative if all you can do my way of debate is resort to uttering expletives.

Strange how, over time, it has passed into popular culture that West Germany and Austria played out a draw in the famous Anschluss game.

West Germany actually won the game 1-0 with an early goal from Horst Hrubesch (The Man they call The Monster) ensuring both sides progressed at the expense of Algeria.

5 Likes

The fact remains that Galway didn’t win tgat match. You cannot say for definite tgat tgey would have won had Canning stayed on the field. I have never stated that Limerick would have won 96 had Kirby nit had a broken finger. I might have had a bit of craic with @artfoley about it but have never categorically claimed it was the difference
Ergo, you’re talking shite

3 Likes

Loughnane has demanded pay back for 19.