Munster GAA Round Robin 2022

It was some effort from Galway to be still on level term with the Limerick Team of Champions going into injury time after the 70 minutes despite a lot of wounded and injured that read like a Casualty Ward.

4 Likes

Galway were an exceptional team themselves until not too long ago.

Theyā€™ll always have those semi final medals to look back on to remind them how close they went to beating Limerick.

1 Like

At the end of the day Galway allowed a group of young fellas to hurl the shit out of them in 2018. They havent been the same since.,

4 Likes

They had the chance to secure immortality and a 2-in-a-row but they were bullied out of it by lads like Mikey Casey and Mul.

A team of youngsters was enough to see them off.

3 Likes

Mike Casey barely up to his manā€™s hip and he bate him around Croke park.

4 Likes

He finished Glynn

1 Like

PTSD

@Thomas_Brady, @Ambrose_McNulty & myself were sat in line with Mike Casey when he absolutely blackguarded poor Johnny Glynn. He was like one of his cousins from Clonlong the batin he gave him, and children there watching. Twas shockin.

1 Like

Sure poor Johnny ran away to America rather than deal with the shame of it. I think they must have understated how hard Mike Casey is, an absolute tank of a man.

The fella had to leave the country he was so badly shook from that mauling.

Another thing on Gillane. It was widely criticised here around 2018-2020 that he hit his shots into the roof of the net or gave the keeper a better chance to save them by hitting it higher - the more notable goals of those would be Clare in 2019 and Waterford last year. However, thatā€™s another thing he has massively altered in his game. He perfectly hits them on the ground bouncing at the goalie. Pretty much impossible to stop. Cork in the all ireland last year is a perfect example, and obviously agin them this year but he was clean through. Heā€™s just such a ruthless finisher. I would argue he has the sweetest striking technique of a forward in the country

1 Like

He kilt him.

What was the first thing on Gillane?

The only world really left for this Limerick to conquer is to claim the scalp of the superpower of hurling, Kilkenny in a knock out Championship match in Croke Park.

1 Like

We just need Kilkenny to get there.

3 Likes

The sight of Casey hanging out of Glynn all day was bad enough, but then I had to witness your man splitting the arse of his cut-off jeans as he climbed over the wall and ran out onto the pitch, for fuck sake.

7 Likes

Forgive me for butting inā€¦ Just curious: is he related at all to Dinny Cahill?

Supplementary (entirely unrelated) question: is Cloughjordan an unusual spot? The Eco Village and all the rest? Let me quickly add that I am all for eco villagesā€¦

1 Like

Think a nephew of Dinny. Almost sure. Or else his father a first cousin

The second question I couldnā€™t really answer

1 Like

It would be unusual in that it would have more Protestants than most other parts of the country. The village itself may have had a Protestant majority at one stage, going so far as to be known as Little Belfast locally.

Perhaps this is why the name of the village itself never attached itself to the name of the GAA club, despite being the biggest village by far in the parish. (Kilruane has only a church, school and pub as far as I know).

2 Likes