Its all ‘plus one’s’ now.

1 Like

That’s some ball of rope from McGrath
 A bullshitter.

2 Likes

Derek writes a lovely article.

I got as far as Rosa Parks and signed out :roll_eyes:

5 Likes

He strikes me as a fella that spends half his life locked in a dark room preparing himself for what he has to come out and face.

Self-justifying bullshit.

13 Likes

Can you count? Liam Cahill, unlike Derek McGrath, does not utilize seven defenders.

McGrath’s version of flooding the middle third meant he often only had only Shane Bennett inside the opposition’s 45 running around after men or stray ball like a fucking mad man until he got subbed off.

1 Like

‘A consultative vision.’

‘Concentrating on each moment, as opposed to each ball.’

‘Vulnerability session.’

An absolute spoofer who did an ok job with Waterford but has fooled RTE and the like that he’s some hurling guru. He’s not, he’s a lad who won a league title but came up short every time when it mattered.

Nothing against great players like Kevin Moran but thank God Galway beat them in ‘17. His ego is bad enough as it is.

5 Likes

Exactly.

Which is why SB opted out while DMcG was in charge.

My issue isn’t with sweepers themselves, it’s overly negative tactics which Derek did employ and he is now trying to rewrite history. His side were too one-dimensional, and the problem wasn’t the “plus-one”, it was the one man inside the '45 against three backs, and only one or two forwards in support.

Again, maybe that wouldn’t be an issue if you were able to sustain the running game for 70 minutes but that player is then just occupying defenders and nothing else. He is not an out ball. And despite whatever tactics he was trying to employ, Waterford still used to just launch the ball onto spare men. And that is pointless in that scenario.

There is a difference between a deep-lying centre-back and an out-and-out sweeper, despite what Derek will tell you. And again, I’m not against a sweeper in itself (I played one last year) but I am against tactics dictated by fear.

7 Likes

His Ego is substantially larger than his winning record

1 Like

The whole thing is pathetic. As for namechecking all these self help books

5 Likes

Tbh, I’m not even going to bother reading his self wank bank storage ideas

2 Likes

Those books set my teeth on edge.

3 Likes

Canning is shaping into a very promising pundit going by his column. Forthright but with a bit of tact.

1 Like

A big improvement on JT

1 Like

McGraths game plan much like Davy Fitz is based on not losing rather than winning. It fucked Clare after 2013 and by the looks of it has taken them now to get to the other side of of it. Time will tell if that group will manage to salvage it.
Ditto McGrath. An absolutely outstanding u21 team is on the brink. If they don’t reach the holy grail this year or at a minimum bring a full tilt Limerick back to within striking distance (3/4 points), it could also be a fruitless venture. I have serious doubts that Cahill will stay on if the gap is not at least closed to within that margin

4 Likes

He’d want to let it go at this stage

Is there only 1 game in Munster this week?
Anyone know why?
Poor Leinster counties slugging away

1 Like