Munster GAA Round Robin 2022

Difference being, most people do not rate the Cork backline.

Agree. Although it would not put Cork out completely.

Waterford have to beat Cork regardless. There will be twists and turns yet.

Where are you seeing the Clare backs being talked up?

Fair enough. But thereā€™s plenty of content around the country to support a service.

Dalo was giving them a lot of praise on the podcast.

They do and they dont. A loss to Cork though would leave them having to win in Ennis. Not an easy place to go. Assuming Limerick beat Tipp next week they are through and will rest a lot of lads against Clare.
As of this morning, the points difference and remaining fixtures favour ,Limerick, Clare and Waterford in that order. A cork win puts them back in the mix but means that they would probably have to beat Tipp something akin to the tonking Limerick gave Clare in 2019

Assuming Waterford beat Cork.

If Waterford beat Cork, Cork would probably need Clare to beat Waterford

Correct.

1 Like

Oh right. Based on Tipp game?

To me there is fuck all between Cork and Clare at the mo bar results. Our insecurities and pure fuck-acting have contributed to those results but there are a good number of extremely experienced heads throughout the Clare team now and weā€™re gradually improving this year as a team.

Cork were the betterr team in the qualifier last year on balance. But we still had a plethora of awful wides and misses and still could have beaten them injury.

In in the interim I feel our first 15 has got stronger. Iā€™m not sure re Cork though Joyce and Barrett are good. I would think Cork possibly have improvedā€¦but Iā€™m not certain

Both teams have players who can really exploit each otherā€™s weaknesses.

Cork if they give a performance are well capable of winning this game but the notion that you could expect that they will on form given the way they played in their last three games of real consequence is fanciful. I expect a reaction from them today but I also expected it last day out and it never materialised.

Clare are a solid outfit who will perform to a high level today in terms of attitude and workrate but have a habit of getting in their own way. The bench is pretty light of impact players too.

I wouldnā€™t be surprised if Cork got a win as they do have some very talented players but the idea that you could back cork to win with any kind of certainty is a fair auld stretch.

1 Like

I have managed to scrape the link from GAAGOā€¦

PM me if looking for a link for the Cork gameā€¦

Clear out your inbox :smiley:

A huge positive for Clare last week I thought was the reliance on Kelly wasnā€™t as evident as the last two years.

Can you send it on please and thanks for yesterdays link.

I agree and they had more options up front too.

Bench is short though and freetaking will be pivotal too

1 Like

First time getting the GAA Go here, looks very straight forward and well done so far.

Really looking forward to this game. Hard one to predict.

If I was Clare Iā€™d start TK inside FF, just to give them a mental breakdown before proceedings started.

I expect Clare to beat them and beat them well.