Munster Rugby - We DID start the fire (Part 1)

Ooooft, @glasagusban has you over a barrel here

Iā€™m going to find it difficult to recover from this.

You went to your local bar on a Sunday, mateā€¦ You might as well rebrand and be done with it.

1 Like

thats lucky. Iā€™d have thought in a location like that you would have the rugby on about 10 (ten) TVā€™s and you would only be left to watch some other sporting events on a laptop or tablet or something propped up on the bar. You did well not to see any rugby on in your local.

Your an awful rogue. The lads heading into Dublin 4 premier rugby bar while Leinster playing a European semi final and claiming they didnā€™t see it :joy:

Are you saying that a Bar like the 51 in the heart of D4 wouldnā€™t accommodate a muldoon looking to watch hurling?

@Bandage is like the guys on here claiming to have seen a Sindo article at their parents - everyone knows the real story

1 Like

Itā€™s worth remembering that @bandage is one of the most astute rugby brains on this forum.

2 Likes

Or left at the college, out towards Templemore and a quick left again.
that will bring you around by Dovea and Drom and then into the cross in Borrisoleigh (or you can turn earlier and come at the cross of the Ragg).

And having never played the game, one of the few with his faculties fully intact

Christ chaps, please stop inventing things. I never claimed the rugby football wasnā€™t being shown in the pub - in fact I posted on Sunday about some random guy roaring out ā€œhe should be a lion!ā€ at one stage during the match.

My only related comments have been to the effect that we went back to the local to watch the hurling and I hadnā€™t noticed if the rugby football had started or not when we arrived in after the Celtic game.

Youā€™ll recall yesterday that @glasagusban was very keen to find out whether I went to the pub in my neighbourhood while the Leinster game was on. @Rocko kindly clarified that it had indeed started when we arrived.

Glad to have been able to clear up this simple matter but I remain alarmed at the interest in seemingly ā€œexposingā€ that I went to my local pub at the weekend.

Iā€™m off to consider the rebrand.

2 Likes

If you didnt need a rebrand after @appendage made shit of you for your U12 scoring exploits, you wont need one now either. Iā€™m just glad to know you didnt spot that the rugby was on when you arrived at your local. I hope the rugby followers didnt disrupt your hurling watching too much and you had a lovely afternoon.

I think most posters silently acknowledged that @Appendage was very bitter having been knocked out in the earlier rounds of that victorious* Under 12 campaign.

I should point out that an elderly rugby football match watcher demanded that we take an spare plate of chips heā€™d ordered.

*for me.

Iā€™ve moved on, pal. Iā€™ve fond memories of beating your lot in the first round of that championship.

How many points did you get that night? Eh? Well? Iā€™ll tell you. None. Thatā€™s how many.

10 Likes

Iv no idea mate itā€™s a place I wouldnā€™t be gone on so never frequented it much. Too many D4 rugger heads for me

2 Likes

Did you get any points in last yearā€™s relegation final*, mate?

Another final victory for Faythe Harriers.

*I didnā€™t score in that game.

Ooooft. Easy from the cheap seats, pal.

1 Like

Iā€™m giving huge consideration to changing my handle to Big_Buff_Egan but feel free to take it for yourself

1 Like

@gilgamboa Are you tipping up this evening?

Iā€™m not Iā€™m at home here minding the kids for the entire weekend on my own wife gone on a hen. Right awkward time the little fuckers probably wonā€™t even let me watch it