Munster Rugby - We DID start the fire (Part 1)

He’s meant to be quite good on lots of aspects of the game tbh, particularly good with development of younger forwards.

Is that a bit of misplaced loyalty so from Flannery? Jones was always under pressure with the way their attack played the last 2 years.

I dont know is that piece of the story true. Wasnt I mentioned it

I see the CEO, Garret Fitzgerald, is retiring now. He has been ill for 18 months, the poor man.

They wanted the lads to stay so badly they offered them terms generous enough to make them leave

V surprised this thread wasnt bumped today. Been huge interest in the machinations of the Munster coaching ticket on TFK so would have expected 30 or 40 posts discussing the capture of legendary Graham Rowntree as forwards coach

Good signing.

I’d like to say the anglacisation of Irish rugby continues but, well.

You’d have to say that if he’s good enough for Georgia he’s good enough for Munster.

One of the games great technicians when it comes to the scrum. We haven’t had the likes in Irish rugby since Roly Meates.

3 Likes

Agreed a serious coup

Shows the rubby crowd have matured as a nation when they’re gettign in English coaches.

Is Roly still alive ? He was the dentist for Guinness.

Munster need to move on now from being an old boys club . This is a positive development .

Should be a solid signing in the long run. One issue for Munster is that he doesn’t arrive till after the World Cup so another disrupted season. Another slight concern is whether VanGraan is all that open to alternative strong voices. Either way, the attack coach is the key signing - the Munster pack was well drilled under Flannery.

Agree. I dont think the forwards were much of an issue. Rowntree is an establish assistant coach so dont think van Graan would see him as a threat. He clearly mot interested in being head coach

1 Like

Great appointment – Really looking forward to next year now.

2 Likes

Any rumblings on an attack coach? Did the Larkham thing fade away?

Gaillimh should be cleared out of the club bar.

Nope he was interviewed last week as far as I know. Would take him over howley.