Munster Rugby - We DID start the fire (Part 1)

More interested in how his wage compares to that south African thatā€™s reportedly getting 300k.

Theyā€™ve always teamed up well in fairness.

2 Likes

Not apples with oranges tho. Zebo likely get the Retiring Sportsperson Tax relief/refund so would likely have taken any half decent wages offer to be on the books back home and entitled to sizeable refund.

I like Zebo, in fairness to him he seems to try to run with the ball more often than most, rather than putting the boot through it, the Munster and Ireland way, heā€™s an exciting player as (Irish) rugger players go.

For him personally thatā€™s fine, but itā€™s easy compare what the club is paying out. Interested from that perspective. The Jenkins deal sickens my shite, heā€™ll add nothing and heā€™s getting more than most of the Irish players there Iā€™d say.

1 Like

Yeah, really is something fishy about both the scouting of him and what theyā€™re willing to pay him

The mysterious benefactor is footing the bill for Jenkins. Munster and the IRFU are footing the bill for Zebo.

Itā€™s not JP anyway. How do you know JP is bankrolling a team. He tells everyone

JP literally bankrolls every single GAA club and county board.

Very fair

He gets that even if playing in France I think

Edit, yesā€¦ Anywhere in EU satisfies the requirement nowā€¦ Maybe thatā€™s what ruled out London Irish

Well that piece isnā€™t really true. Iā€™d say he is a fine player. Is it a stupid and probably unnecessary signingā€¦ Yesā€¦ Will he add nothing to the teamā€¦ Iā€™d say he will

Wasnā€™t much chat on here from the Conor Murray Bashers about this? Maybe I missed it :man_shrugging::man_shrugging:

Here is the team just for contextā€¦ Exalted company

Menā€™s 15s Team of the Decade in association with Mastercard: Ben Smith (NZL); George North (WAL); Brian Oā€™Driscoll (IRL), Maā€™a Nonu (NZL), Bryan Habana (RSA); Dan Carter (NZL), Conor Murray (IRE); Tendai Mtawarira (RSA), Bismarck du Plessis (RSA), Owen Franks (NZL), Brodie Retallick (NZL), Sam Whitelock (NZL), David Pocock (AUS), Richie McCaw (NZL), Sergio Parisse (ITA).

2 Likes

Jaysus thatā€™s some award. Is he really in the class of the rest of the company on that team?

Also, no English player? Hahaha!

I suppose he is if he was picked in it

While you couldnā€™t argue with Dan Carter at 10, I reckon Sexton is seething

1 Like

Thought maybe Itoje about the only one with a real claim but I suppose the two kiwis have workd Cup winners medals

1 Like

Habana, Oā€™Driscoll and Carter for the 2010s?

I doubt it. That was the easiest decision on the pitch and Iā€™d say sextons mother wouldnā€™t even give him a claim at it

3 Likes