Munster Rugby - We DID start the fire (Part 1)

Youā€™ve added two massive caveats there, outside back and at his best. Heā€™s a mile off his best and we are light on outside backs. Hugo Keenan is as good a passer and as good in the air as him Iā€™d say

Iā€™d say his pace is well gone now but he is a v clever player and if he wanted he could still be a big influence for Munster playing a different type of game than he used to

3 Likes

My initial point was talent, obviously he is not realising his talent. I donā€™t think Keenan has anything like zeboā€™s vision or range of passing and offloading ability, heā€™s nowhere near.

Dafuq?

1 Like

Whats a range of passing in Rugby? You can go backwards and if youā€™re on the wing, backwards and one side

1 Like

It made me lolā€¦ Range of passing :smiley:

1 Like

Theres usually about four lads can pass it. 9,10 and 12 and 13. Thats if you are lucky.

The rest of them just kind of pop it.

When a prop manages to pass the ball without falling over it becomes a match highlight

The D4 media orgasmed when Oā€™Driscoll passed to himself. A genius.

Full backs often have to throw it the farthest as theyā€™re always isolated but it would be very rare to see a pass thrown over 20m or youā€™d be intercepted.

Beirne is much better at six for Munster too. Coombes is a monster at 8 as well. From 4-10 thereā€™s serious options now.

By far his best position

Ahern and edogbu could make an incredible partnership in time too as well. Serious athletes as well as being huge men.

Why by far? He has been exceptional for Ireland and Munster at second row and at 6.

Heā€™s not nearly as effective in the second row Imo. Heā€™s just that little bit light for it and you use a lot more energy in the scrum in the second row than at six.

1 Like

Heā€™s a natural 6

Whatā€™s his range of passing like?

1 Like

Decent. Tom Ahernes is excellent. Heā€™s like a basketball player with his passing range.

1 Like

Thatā€™s interesting. Iā€™ve no argument with him playing six, but he has been equally outstanding in at second row. Heā€™s absolutely exceptional.

Ten years ago maybe. He is now overweight and seems more of a distraction to the squad than anything he does on the pitch. In other words he is fucking useless and finished.

1 Like

I think youā€™re misunderstanding me. I agree with what youā€™ve said. The talent is there, the ability is there if he was motivated to make use of it, but he isnā€™t seemingly.

The young coloured lad looked really promising against Connacht when he came on I thought. I never heard of him before that. If heā€™s lucky injury wise he looks a real prospect