Munster Senior Hurling Championship 2018

Good win. Harnedy was completely anonymous but came up with the goods at the end. Lehane was shocking for the goal but came up with some big scores. We still struggle horribly with physical half-forwards, Malone and Conlon won a load of ball. Brosnan and Kingston made a bit of an impact when they came on. Cooper did well but lost Kelly horribly for the goal.

One of Ellis/Horgan/Kearney for MOTM. Cahalane had a big first half as well.

My small lady has one. O neills will make them for you to order :+1:

Cahalane was outstanding. Not far off Horgans best day in red IMO. Worked his balls off and showed great leadership which isnt always a given

1 Like

and I say relief for Meyler, one got the feeling a few were waiting for a non performance to have a right pop at him

1 Like

No doubt. Knives were being sharpened alright.

Forwards won enough ball to win the game. Cork backs were much better as a unit. When a Clare forward broke through he was crowded out time and again or took the wrong option.

Very winnable game left behind. O’Donoghue at corner back was excellent.

Home advantage will count for a lot, whoever fails to win both home games will be the teams who don’t make it through.

2 Likes

Waterford are fucked so

5 Likes

Fitzgibbon is a great bit of stuff, the best thing to ever come out of Charleville cc @balbec

Were they? I think most Cork people reasonably realistic about our situation

The only thing apart from the road to Kilmallock.

2 Likes

Donnacha O Dualing??

Was thinking that as I was posting. And Kevin Owens the singer.

No I heard a bit of bad mouthing of Meyler around. The rumblings of discontent in the squad earlier this year, cast member of strike #1, a frankeen man etc.

Today’s win should quiten that for now.

I hadn’t heard or noticed that, Meyler is very well got in Cork, it was recognised that he had a tough act to follow in Kingston and last year in general. Great to get the first win on the board, quite a few decent performances but plenty more to come

Ah no he got flak alright and the players did resist early.

He doesn’t give a fuck though which is a great too

Coleman and Fitzgibbon have sent a breath of fresh air through this cork team last 12months

a joy to watch the pair of them

1 Like

I think the Cork back line will struggle against more physical units. Be interesting how they cope with the Limerick forwards aerially.

Id say will throw more bodies back there as needed. Defended v well today but still left plenty chances through the middle. Ellis isnt a centre back at all I dont think

1 Like

Tis Waterford’s championship to lose boys. No outstanding team today .

1 Like