Munster Senior Hurling Championship 2018

@caulifloweredneanderthal @anon61956325 @ciarancareyshurlingarmy @Special_Olympiakos @Raylan

3 Likes

Tipp x 15 vs everyone.

The Munster championship going to be epiv

Tipp v the rest nothing between Clare and Limerick a puck of a ball

It’ll be box office Joe

Its like waiti g for Christmas Joe

So what’ll be enough to get out of the group, do you reckon?

Four points?

There’s bound to be a couple of drawn games along the way too.

Oddly enough I think the chances of draws are reduced due to fact that we are playing round round . The factor that generally made draws more likely , the lucrative replay, is gone .

In a frantic game where there has been skin and hair flying for the previous 70 mins refs will still subconsciously work a draw if possible. Blowing it up right on the three added mins rather than maybe giving a team one last chance if they are a point down.

2 Likes

Human nature as much as anything, they’d allow the extra few seconds to allow something to develop to level up a game as well

I’d be surprised if there were no draws alright.

4 points should be the cut-off point, but there definitely could be more than two teams on 4 points. It’s going to be fairly cut-throat.

Tipp
:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: You know
Limerick @anon61956325

Tipp
Clare
Limerick
Are the teams out of Munster cc @Raylan @anon61956325 @caulifloweredneanderthal

Referee Report
1 Cork Clare 20/5 Pairc Ui Chaoimh @ 4pm
1 Limerick Tipperary 20/5 Gaelic Grounds Limerick @ 2pm
2 Tipperary Cork 27/5 Semple Stadium Thurles @ 2pm
2 Clare Waterford 27/5 Cusack Park Ennis @ 3:30pm
3 Cork Limerick 2/6 Pairc Ui Chaoimh @ 7pm
3 Waterford Tipperary 3/6 Gaelic Grounds Limerick @ 4pm
4 Limerick Waterford 10/6 Gaelic Grounds Limerick @ 2pm
4 Tipperary Clare 10/6 Semple Stadium Thurles @ 2pm
5 Clare Limerick 17/6 Cusack Park Ennis @ 2pm
5 Waterford Cork

1 Like

Back of a stamp prediction there. Waterford a bit of an unknown quantity but I expect they’ll be decent. Cork were great last year but I can’t shake the impression they’re weak. Limerick drew with Clare and Tipp recently. For the opening game it looks like Tipp have a lot more first choice personnel to come into the team than limerick do based as opposed to the last match. Clare the same it looks like to me too. I think Waterford is the big game for limerick, lose that and we could well be fucked.

I think this year with the new format its going to produce a few surprise results in both Leinster and Munster.

Having arguably the two best teams at home from a Limerick perspective can be a very good or bad thing. I’m not sure which that is yet tbh.

For now though, its all about Tipp at home on the 20th May…win that and the summer opens up big time.

1 Like

Yeah I did a quick run through it there but it’s hard to call. I’m sure tipp will finish top but they’ll probably drop one somewhere. I worry limerick are being overrated a bit, they drew with Clare and Tipp towards the end of the league but the Clare and Tipp teams will probably see more changes and improvements than Limerick from those games.

1 Like

The Cork match will make or break us IMO

2 Likes

What improvements do you see Clare having?

I would have thought they were pretty much at full-strength, bar maybe Cian Dillon but he’s not going to solve all their defensive woes on his own.

I would hope, hope that our shot selection will be better in Championship. No guarantees. Casey out is a huge blow for the Tipp game.

Still think we’ll beat Tipp first day out which would drive us on. Tipp have fellas to come back but some of them are carrying injuries and they’ll need them to click.