Munster Senior Hurling Championship 2018

I said it at the time that it was a very good game in terms of quality. Didnā€™t look the same on TV.

Clare will certainly feel they have Corkā€™s measure given that the backs have stepped up a bit and Conlon and Duggan have really found form. Should be another fine contest

2 Likes

As I thought. Byrnes probably winded ā€” It wasnā€™t even a yellow tho - the way umpires are going we will have to bring in VAR. Owens was atrocious but we were beat all over the field so no point even going there.

Yeah evens the pair Id say albeit Clare have wind in their sails now.

Environment definitely impacts play. As does history and many other factors. Your theory is on sound footing

Was never bad luck

Conlon really unsettled Limerick in the first half. They were at panic stations in the full backline when ball was put into him and it looked to unnerve Kiely and the management and they were afraid to push on and leave a defender 1v1 wirh him once Condon was sent off. Set up to avoid being opened up rather than going for it like they did v Cork.

Jamie Shanahan was very good as a spare man. Dowling was never going to do much as an isolated full forward.

1 Like

What was Condon put off for?

Thatā€™s how I saw it too. Reidy turned at the opportune time and Byrnes ended up hurting himself. The red card will obviously be rescinded.

Sweet Jaysus.

1 Like

They are not great Gil

Didnā€™t see it, talk was he struck Reidy with the butt of the hurl

Reidy for a small chap is as hardy as fuck. Very seldom you see him knocked or bundled over in the tackle. Seems to relish the physical side of it

My reading of it exactly. Was very surprised Limerick, with Kinnerk in tow, left Clare so much space - the fear of Conlon literally made them shit their togs.

The Limerick apes on here need to realise that Clare / Cork are far more seasoned teams than us. Clare physically dominated us and were far cuter in how they employed the dark arts ā€¦ If Limerick have ambitions of playing at the business end of the championship and winning they need to learn how to do the same. The stupid frees they give away kill them.

Ye reckon?? :joy::joy::joy:

Cannot understand taking off a corner-forward and putting on a full-back. It was a simply bizarre decision. With the wind after half time I was still fairly hopeful, but we were reduced to watching Dowling running a hopeless chasing game. First touch was brutal today after being very good all year and Clare completely bottled up Lynch every chance they got.

1 Like

They are not bad at all. Its wide open behind Galway

1 Like

He gelded some Clare lad

1 Like

Beep beep. Back it up there baby. :oncoming_bus:

1 Like

We know we know

Aboy brimmer