Munster Senior Hurling Championship 2018

They’re at it again in Tipp

Tipp Mafia @Brimmer_Bradley @carryharry @Mullach_Ide what is the general view on Kennedy at 3 in Tipp? Has he played there at underage, club etc?? Or will he not line out there?

Had a couple of injuries, seems to have slowed him down a bit.

Has bags of talent though, I’m sure he’ll come back.

Looks like pitch has come on a good bit below in de Pairc

Garry Flood has done an outstanding job on the pitch there despite being hung out to dry last year by Cork County Board insisting on using it before it was bedded down. Well done FotF Garry. :clap:

It was worse at the opposite end iirc, I’ll hold off on the garlands for Garry

All Star for sure.

Wait until it rains.

My 2c on the Cork-Clare game.

Hard to know whether either team will line out as expected. In Clare, the thinking seems to be that the backline named will have a few positional switches. If Browne, McInerney & Morey do line out in the full-back line; I would see that as a weakness. Morey has so much pace and is a really nice hurler but to my mind, he’s not a corner-back. Neither is Browne. Had a few good years at wing-back but now they move him back. They’ll need serious protection from their half-back line. On the other hand; they have scoring forwards- Duggan, McGrath, SOD, Kelly, Reidy; all well able to get scores but do their forwards do enough to disrupt the ball coming out. Against Cork last year, their attempts were largely pitiful.

But Cork have picked a slightly unusual team too. No Alan Cadogan is a big blow; he may not be quite the finished article but he’s a man who could really exploit Clare’s weaknesses at corner-back. They’ve named Luke Meade at corner-forward, a very nice hurler but does his best hurling drifting out the field. Kearney at wing-forward is also a better midfielder; while I think they need Fitzgibbon & Cooper around the middle third too. Robbie O’Flynn is the newcomer really, and he’s handy but he’s not Cadogan at the same time. Cahalane & Ellis back in the spine of their defence. It’s not spectacular but is experienced.

Tough one to call. I would have given a slight edge to Cork but looking at those teams, Clare could definitely do it if they actually feed their inside forwards unlike last year.

Great name has Gary.

1 Like

Half of that is paint.

Putting the finishing touch to Tipp all a question of balance (via @IrishTimes) https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/gaelic-games/hurling/putting-the-finishing-touch-to-tipp-all-a-question-of-balance-1.3500322

Good article here, a lot of it applies to the Limerick selection too.

Going to the Cork v Clare game. Looking forward to it

That’s not former Cloughbawn stalwart Garry Flood?

Tommy Dunne is a man who speaks a lot of sense about hurling

It is indeed.

Shocking start, Clare much quicker.

Ref is riding clare here.

What the fuck is cahalane supposed to do there

Sorry, agree I’m a few mins behind.